Opinions Barracuda rechromed glove box panel

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Not for sale. OEM rechromed glove box lid trim panel. How does this look to you? What do you think it is worth?

Attachments

• Barracuda Glovebox trim.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 156
worth to me nothing i dont need it lol ..... but it looks good to me ..... but i really dont know what there worth

Looks like nice finish but I see what looks like flaws near the barracuda emblem. Might just be a dirty camare lens. I have no ideal what it would be worth. My guess if its perfect maybe $100-200

Looks like nice finish but I see what looks like flaws near the barracuda emblem. Might just be a dirty camare lens. I have no ideal what it would be worth. My guess if its perfect maybe $100-200
idk but i think its where the word barracuda gos but thats a guess :happy1:

They're plastic inserts. I repainted mine with the same aluminum paint I used on my dashboard and did the little fish in a lime green to match the car. It looks quite a bit like yours ... and looks like you did a nice job on yours Oklacar.

If you find out what they're worth, please post it up. I've got an extra. :-D

They're plastic inserts. I repainted mine with the same aluminum paint I used on my dashboard and did the little fish in a lime green to match the car. It looks quite a bit like yours ... and looks like you did a nice job on yours Oklacar.

If you find out what they're worth, please post it up. I've got an extra. :-D

LOL, I did do a real good job clicking to buy it and that is the limit of my ability. It was professionally done by some company. I just bought it today and am waiting for it to get here.

Not many places out there who rechrome plastic -- and do it well -- these days. I hope it's as nice as it looks ... and if so, there's a biz card in the box so we all know who to use! :-D

The processes, DEHEC rules etc.... associated with rechroming plastic dashes is ridiculous. Thats why it costs so much on getting it done.

It cost me just over 500.00 to have the complete dash repainted and "chromed" in my cuda. Not cheap, but looks awesome. I had it done by Action Plating in mission BC. They did alot of stuff out of the US. When the economy fell apart they went out of business.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 114
It cost me just over 500.00 to have the complete dash repainted and "chromed" in my cuda. Not cheap, but looks awesome. I had it done by Action Plating in mission BC. They did alot of stuff out of the US. When the economy fell apart they went out of business.

That sucks big time. Maybe I can find a quality restorer to do my dash bezel.

I have heard that if you can find a trophy place you can see if they can get your pieces done. You must have it stripped and ready to go. I haven't been able to locate a local company yet but I'm still looking. I looked at trophy's and the chrome does look pretty good on almost all the cheap trophy's in the 5-10 dollar range and looks even better for the more expensive ones, so it might be worth a shot seeing if you could talk a shop into doing that for you.
might even be cost effective (yeah right)

-
Back