Opinions needed

Which one looks the best. Edelbrock #1, Spectre Short #2 or Spectre Long#3

• Total voters
-
The single stack also had the largest gain on the dyno vs all others tested by engine masters.

In my opinion (normally off the wall), the Edelbrock looks like a fragment of a beehive and the Spectre long looks like a pair of limp dicks. By the process of elimination, I have to choose Spectre short. Well, I least I have an opinion, right?

I don't think putting the air filters right over the exhaust is a very good idea, and that is my opinion.

The single stack also had the largest gain on the dyno vs all others tested by engine masters.

I was going to ask if anyone had that episode of engine masters ?

I had the single stack on a highrise wyand and it only stuck up through the hood maybe an inch. You could easy cut 2 inch off the bottom.

That entire intake is on the shelf at the shop I can pull a tape on it tomorrow for the OP

The single stack also had the largest gain on the dyno vs all others
I had the single stack on a highrise wyand and it only stuck up through the hood maybe an inch. You could easy cut 2 inch off the bottom.

That entire intake is on the shelf at the shop I can pull a tape on it tomorrow for the OP
Please do... I'd like to know.

My bracket racer used a velocity stack at the strip. For cruise nights I used a small open element air cleaner (see foto). The Holley double-pumper certainly was not hiding in either case.

65 Valiant4.jpeg

Will do.

I have a victor, victor Jr, and a wyand dual plane I can set it on.

The stack is on a 950 quick fuel. But its basically a 4150 body.

Number one if you don't actually run it. A good friend had one of those on his 66 Barracuda. One day he saw the hood smoking and he had burnt about an 18" circle of paint before he realized he was on fire. I saw him jump out, open the hood and start stuffing his jacket around the air filter. I pulled up and hit it with the fire extinguisher, but not before it had ruined his jacket and fried a bunch of wiring. Big mess! A hood paint job, a used replacement wiring harness and a few days of cleaning and he was good to go, but things could easily have been much worse. I have since heard several reports of that style causing engine fires. It looks far better than your other two candidates but I wouldn't start a car with one of those on it based on my experience.

I know it would hide the shine on everything, but if it where me, it would be the housing with the two duct hoses on it, or a nascar type filter housing directed straight into the cowl, which collects the high pressure air mass being shoved in by the windshield. After all these years still more about the Go than the Show or the Woah...

I think it would have been great to have owned a Hemi powered rust bucket back when 100 octane leaded fuel was at the pump and you could find them for dirt cheap... Nothing is as much fun as a roaring junk pile that you can beat on like it owes you money...

I know it would hide the shine on everything, but if it where me, it would be the housing with the two duct hoses on it, or a nascar type filter housing directed straight into the cowl, which collects the high pressure air mass being shoved in by the windshield. After all these years still more about the Go than the Show or the Woah!
Makes sense.

I put one of those eldelbrocks on a 68 charger R/T I used to have, a few backfires and they get brittle and sucked in the carb. I went back to my original unsilenced air cleaner after that.

A little costly, but I run a air grabber oval on mine now days, breathes wonderful, just be sure to get the 440 base for hood clearance.

IMG_20180912_165841.jpg

Note: I want to have a way to keep the Endurashine Carb in view as much as possible and still have an air cleaner.

Last edited:
-
Back