opinions wanted; car sales gone bad

-
You bought it off Craigslist or some such local webvert "with issues."

You ..

So why did you get it inspected? To sell it? That's what you said.

We're not talking about a crate engine. We're talking about flipping a POS with a new inspection sticker on it to some sucker, right?

yes I purchased it off Kijiji with issues and a current inspection; I drove it until the inspection was up and I ended up putting $800 into it to fix the issues for re inspection shortly after a good deal came along and my friend needed the money so I jumped on it and sold my car

the guy who purchased it came in the pouring rain and looked at it; I told him a nicer day would be better for him and me but he said he wanted it and looked around it; car had nothing mechanically wrong with it and worked excellent. never gave me an ounce of trouble

for $1200 he got what at the time was a good working car but was 12 years old, did use a quart of oil in between oil changes and did need tires.

He did take it for a very lenthy country road drive (over 12 miles) where he incountered lots of turns and holes in the road which it handled them fine as it always did

I'm not going to argue over this but any car can be turned into a POS pretty quick with a daily drive of 140 miles one way on open highways(which he said he needed to do for work) and someone behind the wheel who doesn't care about there car

So you let a complete stranger take a 12 mile test drive in the rain on bad tires?

And just as a reminder, if you took the tires off...
before I had advertised it
You're going to have to explain what this means:
... $800 into it in new parts and get it re inspected before selling it
because I don't get it. Unless you intended to to sell a car with a new inspection sticker that did not meet inspection requirements.

Which BTW, seems pretty obvious to me at this point. But what the hell do I know.

-
Back