original 67 dart GT

-
Barracuda wheel covers. LOL.

$(KGrHqJHJEUE914cuV!zBPlCyF8s0!~~60_3.JPG

wow that mirror looks nice. i was looking today before the post on the mirror. they are two different mirrors. i want the car as original as it can get just dont know what is original? i wouldn't think they would put two different mirrors on at the factory. would the build sheet tell me anything if i can find it? is it under the back seat in 67?

wow that mirror looks nice. i was looking today before the post on the mirror. they are two different mirrors. i want the car as original as it can get just dont know what is original? i wouldn't think they would put two different mirrors on at the factory. would the build sheet tell me anything if i can find it? is it under the back seat in 67?

It could be under the back seat, in the top of the back seat back rest and I have heard some being found in the dash.

I am like you, I have troble thinking that the car came out with two different styles of mirror on the same car. It is more likely that a previous owner wanted a passenger mirror and put that one on. Can you post some close up pictures of the passenger mirror? Does the car have the fender tag?

Yup...build sheet'll tell you almost anything that is/was installed on your car originally. Could be under back seat bottom springs, on top of glove box liner, under front seat bottom, under the carpetting, and a few more I'm probably forgetting. My Dart GT 'vert has 2 different style mirrors, which I believe were factory to this car. I have also installed the "Mag-Style" wheelcovers, just to be different.

Also, is the 5th digit in your VIN an "E"? If so then the car is an original 273-4bbl Charger- engined car ("Commando" was the Plymouth name for the same engine). Nice score!

Check out my gallery...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2015

Yup...build sheet'll tell you almost anything that is/was installed on your car originally. Could be under back seat bottom springs, on top of glove box liner, under front seat bottom, under the carpetting, and a few more I'm probably forgetting. My Dart GT 'vert has 2 different style mirrors, which I believe were factory to this car. I have also installed the "Mag-Style" wheelcovers, just to be different.

Check out my gallery...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2015

Your car has the passenger mirror like posted below.

$(KGrHqN,!icE-onHq5oeBP)!YiqD)g~~60_58.JPG

Hubcaps are correct and the right side mirror is mostly correct.

Here is the mirror. A 67 dealer accessory.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/_1967AccessoriesCatalog-01.shtml?load_img=38

i believe i have the middle mirror on my ps. i have the mirror in the later post on my ds which is an original mirror for the 67 dart. not sure if ps came from the factory or not? i will get some better pics of them. they are corroding where can you get that kind of stuff refurbished?

It is more likely that a previous owner wanted a passenger mirror and put that one on. Can you post some close up pictures of the passenger mirror? Does the car have the fender tag?

And that is exactly what I posted above. The mirror on the right side looks to be the mopar accessory mirror form the accessory catalog at the time.

Not a production line unit but a Mopar part.

Hubcaps are correct and the right side mirror is mostly correct.

Here is the mirror. A 67 dealer accessory.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/_1967AccessoriesCatalog-01.shtml?load_img=38

And that is exactly what I posted above. The mirror on the right side looks to be the mopar accessory mirror form the accessory catalog at the time.

Not a production line unit but a Mopar part.

Sorry but that isn't what you posted.

I can't see the mirror on the car well enough to call it a 67 dealer accessory and that is why I asked for a close up shot. It is very similar to the earlier mirrors.

You quote me twice saying it is a dealer accessory mirror then you say that isn't what I said.

Um, ok, whatever.

But yes, a clear pic would be helpful.

ok it sounds like you guys are ready for some good pics so here they are. took some close ups. hopefully you can tell ps and ds.

Attachments

• IMG_2239.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2241.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2242.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2243.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 151
Thats not any of the mopar accessory mirrors offered at the time. Would be fun trying to figure out what it did come off of.

I don't even have a guess.

ok it sounds like you guys are ready for some good pics so here they are. took some close ups. hopefully you can tell ps and ds.

The drivers side is correct. If you remove the passenger mirror sometime, look under it for a manufactures mark and a part number. Back when there use to be aftermarket mirrors sold by Sears and other companies so this could be one of them if it isn't marked by a car manufacturer.

Hmmm.. I didn't know about THOSE hubcaps/wheel covers. Maybe the "Mag" style were the upgrades?

I'll say THIS with total confidence : NO car came with "factory" rally wheels before the 1970 model year. The Argent 10 hole styled rally wheel wasn't available before 1970. The "Road" wheel, also called the "Magnum" was offered before and after 1970.
Sorry Frankenduster your correct my mistake!

took the rear seat out today and guess what i found? minus 2 square inches that the mice have eaten it looks to be the build sheet! cant wait to get enough hands together to remove it from the springs. it looks pretty fragile and the springs have worn through the paper in a few spots. never the less its there and i am super excited!

here are some pics of the build sheet. i will post more info on it when i can retreive it!

Attachments

• IMG_2264.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2265.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2266.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 116
If I'm seeing correctly, according to your build sheet, your car's VIN has the "E" as the 5th digit...it is indeed a 273 4bbl (Charger) original-engine car. Cool!!

was looking to send my brake booster to Dewey. i wasn't sure if it was originaly black? i would asume so seems the rest of the car is original. if not would it be gold anodized and is my pic of an original booster for a 1967 dart gt 273 4 barrel?

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 103
ok so i'm getting serious about my booster now. i would like to have it fixed by spring so i can get the dart on the road and work out the bugs before i tear into it. i want it to be original and don't know if it should be gold or not. i've also seen the master cover gold as well. if it is for sure original what color should it be? i think i'm sending it to Dewey so i would like to know what to tell him. thanks (see above for pics)

That rust on the driver's side quarter and the body damage on the passenger's side were added later... I've NEVER seen a Dart that came with large gaping rust holes from the factory!!

Kidding! Even with the body damage and the little bit of non-factory here and there, it looks like a GREAT start!!

- CK

so i took my booster off today and found that the brackets are gold and the booster was a natural gray(charcol gray?). i also found that the sticker on the back of the booster said "REBUILD" Prior Rebuilding Dallas, Texas. So did they rebuild the original or is this a replacement. If i buy a new one do i leave it natural or have it anodized gold? I found that the master cylinder has a threaded hole in the bottom of the flange that was leaking air. so i don't even know if the booster is bad. Any advice?

-
Back