Out in a Blaze of Glory - Low Dollar 318

-
And keep in mind the entire purpose of the project was to show that on a limited - very limited budget a person can play and have fun. This was a 100% factory 318 2bbl that we put under 500 bucks into (including timing set & rattle can paint... lol) and went 14.9's with the worst of everything (2.76 gears, stock converter and exhaust manifolds) It's been set up like this since 2016, and we pounded (ground-pounded!!! LOL) for 8 years (and the bottom end has never been apart).

The Message: - go out and play!!!

:thumbsup: How well did you hook up with the street tires and open rear? Its crazy how similar our ets are with many of the same parts (stock bottom end , Summit 272, bowled blended stock heads, Dougs headers , 9.5 PTC converter). A lot less miles on my short block ( about 80,000 ) than yours .Mine was LD4B and 650 dp, 3.23 suregrip with 275/60 ET Streets and I have a sealed air pan to the scoop. My converter flashes to about 3500. Was a nice cool day when I ran. My et slip for comparison :

drags 11-5-22 078.JPG

:thumbsup: How well did you hook up with the street tires and open rear? Its crazy how similar our ets are with many of the same parts (stock bottom end , Summit 272, bowled blended stock heads, Dougs headers , 9.5 PTC converter). A lot less miles on my short block ( about 80,000 ) than yours .Mine was LD4B and 650 dp, 3.23 suregrip with 275/60 ET Streets and I have a sealed air pan to the scoop. My converter flashes to about 3500. Was a nice cool day when I ran. My et slip for comparison :

View attachment 1716312364
I wasn't spinning, but I was aware of my situation and left the line accordingly, if you know what I mean

-
Back