Over badging your car?

-

frederick_76

Reaction score
I'm contemplating adding a "Hurst Equipped" badge under my 408 stroker badge on my trunk. But I'm a bit concerned it might be to much?? What ya all think?

20180304_134205.jpg

I used a hurst emblem on my car but put it on the glove box door.
DSCN0390.JPG

I also have those exact same 408 stroker emblems but havent decided if I will use them or not. I like your choices!
Rod

I like the badges that tell the truth yet may not quite belong.
I plucket a set of “plymouth” letters that i have been hoarding probably 30 years. Going to find a home for them on my ‘65.

This thread reminds me of Hellcat owners. I saw one today, Hellcat huge billboard decal, it said Hellcat on the fenders, hood. I believe the driver may have been wearing Hellcat underwear LOL.

It’s your car so do as you like period!

Pick one, but the two don't match, different fonts, different shade of red, it would just look cheesy

They never came with a 408. Why let others know. I like Strokers because they are sneaky. I would go with the Hurst only.

I was at a carlisle show and a Blue 70 340 Duster rolled in to the hotel. Under the hood it looked factory. It even had manifolds. When he left with the car with three passengers. He didn't need 416 emblems , You knew it was a monster. It idled like an old 440 Magnum. I thought that was the coolest seeing performance you never expect. and he didn't advertise it. said Duster 340 on the back.

4 spd. car Later that evening he rolled bye the lot in second gear with the same 3 guys in the car. He laid into the throttle slowly and just turned the tires in second and through third.

Agreed "Less is better"

They never came with a 408. Why let others know. I like Strokers because they are sneaky. I would go with the Hurst only.

I was at a carlisle show and a Blue 70 340 Duster rolled in to the hotel. Under the hood it looked factory. It even had manifolds. When he left with the car with three passengers. He didn't need 416 emblems , You knew it was a monster. It idled like an old 440 Magnum. I thought that was the coolest seeing performance you never expect. and he didn't advertise it. said Duster 340 on the back.

4 spd. car Later that evening he rolled bye the lot in second gear with the same 3 guys in the car. He laid into the throttle slowly and just turned the tires in second and through third.

Agreed "Less is better"
Its funny this has come up as I was deciding this same thing with mine as it still has the 273 4 barrel fender emblems and have decided to paint the block the 273 red as it will as well have the 273 air cleaner sticker as this is a 360 stroker,Scat full forged solid roller, Ported Alloy heads fuel injected ! should be fun to see the look on those chev and ford guys scratching their heads.. Yep Show them less , let the cogs in their brains work.

I've always thought a Hurst badge on a non-Hurst model car was basically a "My Child Can Drive a Manual Transmission" sticker on a minivan.

I like both badges but I think your instincts are right on. Both would probably be a bit too much.

It’s your car so do as you like period!

Well sure...but what we like is sometimes defined on how it appears to onlookers and that is completely valid.

When you have one of those moments when you're not sure how something will look, it's always good to ask. Often you can spot the people who aren't brave enough to ask or don't care to ask by their mustard stained (yet super comfortable) sweat pants.

At least they're doing as they like! :D

Personally I wouldn’t advertise the 408 to begin with let alone on the trunk

The 4 speed one would look better by itself on the trunk.

I always debadge my vehicles. If I had a hellcat it would be debadged. Makes a nice sleeper. First mod to my truck was take off the Hemi badge. But on a different note, I’m trying to talk my wife into putting a Swinger badge on her 15 Dart. I haven’t seen any like that yet

I debadge all my cars, it doesn't pay to advertise as far as I'm concerned. Let them run what they brung, & hope they brung enough.

I always debadge my vehicles. If I had a hellcat it would be debadged. Makes a nice sleeper. First mod to my truck was take off the Hemi badge. But on a different note, I’m trying to talk my wife into putting a Swinger badge on her 15 Dart. I haven’t seen any like that yet
I have the Hurst badge on the trunk of my 68 Dart. It covers the holes that a dealer drilled in it for their badge. I had my car blasted, patched and repainted last year. I forgot to tell them to weld the drilled holes shut. After I put all my moldings, letters, and badges on, I still had these two holes in my trunk lid. I found a scat pack badge, but it was too small to cover both holes, so I used the Hurst badge.
IMG_1354 (1).JPG

-
Back