Over the counter sleep aids.....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What over the counter sleep aids work for some of yall? I mean the all natural stuff. I know I have the internet too, but I would rather ask some of you. This is the worst I have ever had days and nights mixed up and it is really starting to wear on me.

Thanks

My good ole friend Jack always works. José sometimes if Jack isn't around.

Not really lookin for that.......as I really don't drink all that frequently. Thanks though. lol

Over the counter didn't work for me. I have a script for 10 mg of Ambian that I take every night. With that I get 6 hours of sleep.
I know how you feel, I would go two weeks at a time and not get more than a couple hours a night. Some nights I wouldn't sleep at all. I felt and looked like a zombie.

I use 25 mg. Diphenhydramine which is a antihistamine. It's the Pm part of Tylenol PM. I take 1 pill and sleep quite well. I am a little fuzzy the next morning though. (That's what coffee is for) lol

I also use Midnite brand sleep aid. It's all natural and works really well. They are chewable and I only need 1 . They are made of Melatonin, Lemon Balm,Chamomile, and Lavender.

Of the two I like the Midnite the best. Less groggy for me. tmm

I use 25 mg. Diphenhydramine which is a antihistamine. It's the Pm part of Tylenol PM. I take 1 pill and sleep quite well. I am a little fuzzy the next morning though. (That's what coffee is for) lol

I also use Midnite brand sleep aid. It's all natural and works really well. They are chewable and I only need 1 . They are made of Melatonin, Lemon Balm,Chamomile, and Lavender.

Of the two I like the Midnite the best. Less groggy for me. tmm

What he said! The active ingredient (diphenhydramine) in Tylenol PM, Sominex, etc.. can having you feeling extremely groggy and out of sorts the following day. I avoid them. I have a prescription for Ambien and use it not to fall asleep, but I sometimes wake up at 3am, so I take 5mgs to fall back to sleep. I've been using it for so long, I feel no adverse residual effects.

I've tried the Midnite all natural sleep aid and also Melatonin. They work very well and help you to readjust your body clock. Yo could also try Dramamine. It's for motion sickness, but will definitely help you sleep and you won't wake up feeling like someone drugged your Pepsi and *** raped you.

only thing I have ever used in Tylenol PM, and just when i'm so sore from ???? take it early or you won't hardly get going the next AM!

sorry I have no other advice.

I used Melatonin, Its something your body naturally produces and can be found at almost every store. You only need the smallest dose of it. I believe its 3mg. It worked for me when I was having sleeping issues. Although it took a few days for me to notice it work. Might be worth a shot.

What over the counter sleep aids work for some of yall? I mean the all natural stuff. This is the worst I have ever had days and nights mixed up and it is really starting to wear on me.

Thanks

Natural? Go see Russell the Pharmacist here:

[ame]https://youtu.be/aVSORyNwNeU[/ame]

Get the store brand nyquil but the cough only, it leaves the acetemephian out which isn't good for ur liver. A quick shot and 30 min later ull be in mopar dreamland.

I used Melatonin, Its something your body naturally produces and can be found at almost every store. You only need the smallest dose of it. I believe its 3mg. It worked for me when I was having sleeping issues. Although it took a few days for me to notice it work. Might be worth a shot.

X2 is safe, non addictive, doesn't make me tired, but slows down my thoughts when work throws a dozen curve balls of problems

I don't have a sleeping problem. But if I do I normally just take a Lil crown and coke. That normally knocks me out and I can still feel normal in the morning. The sleep aids all make me feel dead the next day.

Helpful thread, Rob, sorry to hear you going through this. I picked up some Melatonin today to see if it works for me. Just want to get in a regular sleep cycle, getting too old to deal with sleepless nights. I'll post my results in a week or two.

OTC Benedryl, when either of us needs a sleep aid. Works great, but I plan on a full 8 when I take one.

Rob, what do you do 'bout eating late, or caffeine intake?

This is something, that I, now that I'm "older" have a lot of trouble with.......time gets away from me, and I'll be drinking a coke at 9PM, or eating a huge dish of ice cream late. Then I lay there and go ........................

only thing I have ever used in Tylenol PM, and just when i'm so sore from ???? take it early or you won't hardly get going the next AM!

sorry I have no other advice.

I take two of the generic for these. I get them at Wal-mart.

Works great for me Rob.

Tony

Have you tried a warm glass of milk, chocolate if you have to???

Sit on the porch and watch the critters for a while. Puts me to sleep every time.

Excedrin PM will knock you right out. Don't know if it's the same as Tylenol PM, never tried that, but wow, the Excedrin works very well for me. Just take ONE, and see if it's enough. I took two the first time and was very groggy the next morning.

Call up my ex and get her talking... She'll put you to sleep....

-
Back