Overflow bottle

-

plymouth71

The Moomobile
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a mopar overflow bottle for a 71 scamp 225? I have tried eBay and Classic ind,I found a couple of universal bottles but they look kinda pathetic,any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Does anybody know where I can get a mopar overflow bottle for a 71 scamp 225? I have tried eBay and Classic ind,I found a couple of universal bottles but they look kinda pathetic,any help would be appreciated.Thanks
I belive I have one on a 73 dart sport laying around..
Was a 318 car not sure if that will work.
Let me know
Justin

I'm not sure on the 225,I have never seen one on any scamp,valiant or dart with the slant six,I can do some research to see if they will cross.If they do,how much would you ask for it?Is it complete with the cap?

I just got $30 for another one I sold off a duster.
So I will take $30 for it with the cap. NO hoses. If I can hunt it down
Justin

Sounds good,if you run across it let me know,if you could send some pics that would be great

I'll respond to "they look kinda pathetic" ...
I've got a universal bottle from Advance auto parts in my 67. It's sort of a hexagon shaped. The bottom of it isn't as low as the battery tray. At a glance I can see coolant level, color, etc.. Much like the coolant bottles found in newer vehicles.
OEM bottles for a-bodies are nearly as long as the radiator. Anything you would want to see is obscured.
So beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I haven't seen the aftermarket bottles at advance or autozone...etc but the ones I have seen were very thin material,very soft.I do agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,have seen a lot of aftermarket parts,custom included that looks good when installed.On the other hand I have learned to be very careful on some products especially when it comes to plastic,some just don't hold up very well,but I will check at advance to take a look at them,Thanks

attachment.php

The 72 back never used a factory overflow bottle. If the 73 up will fit you will have to drill a hole for the nub on the bottom to fit in to. If I recall correctly that hole is in the frame rail. If you get a 73 up bottle make sure you get the metal mounting bracket with it.

You will also need to buy a radiator cap that will work with an overflow bottle because the original one won't.

attachment.php

Here's mine. LOL it's a rubbing alcohol bottle and a zip tie. For now, at least.

Attachments

• overflow.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 735
attachment.php

The 72 back never used a factory overflow bottle. If the 73 up will fit you will have to drill a hole for the nub on the bottom to fit in to. If I recall correctly that hole is in the frame rail. If you get a 73 up bottle make sure you get the metal mounting bracket with it.

You will also need to buy a radiator cap that will work with an overflow bottle because the original one won't.

attachment.php

I took one out of a 75 duster slant six, and it bolted right in my factory 73 318 car.
Should not be that hard to find, and it hugs the contour of the fender.

How wide is your radiator, it is a ac radiator need to measure, plenty of room with a non-ac 22" core.

Here's mine. LOL it's a rubbing alcohol bottle and a zip tie. For now, at least.
Looks better than mine. Im using a 16 oz mountain dew bottle with zip ties. The green and orange match the engine bay decor LOL!!!

I'm using this one. Works pretty well..

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weapon-R-826-134-101-Aluminum-Coolant-Overflow-Reverse-Tank-24-fl-oz-Universal-/310863514764?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4860e8cc8c&vxp=mtr"]Weapon R 826 134 101 Aluminum Coolant Overflow Reverse Tank 24 FL oz Universal | eBay[/ame]

Just have to buff their logo off the top...

20130828_184658_zps3863295e.jpg

Do you have a link where you purchased the overflow?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Im looking for new one.

They are pretty scarce but there is one on eBay right now.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-NOS-RADIATOR-COOLANT-OVERFLOW-OVER-FLOW-BOTTLE-TANK-A-BODY-/221383023596?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338b74dbec&vxp=mtr"]Mopar Dodge Plymouth Radiator Coolant Overflow Over Flow Bottle Tank A Body | eBay[/ame]

Has anyone tried any of these? If so how do you like them?

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-67-68-69-70-71-72-73-74-75-76-77-78-DODGE-CHARGER-RADIATOR-OVERFLOW-TANK-/291040138662?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c35815a6"]66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 Dodge Charger Radiator Overflow Tank | eBay[/ame]

-
Back