pacer k frame swap

-

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
i just picked up a 75 pacer hatch from a friend for some work on his snowmobiles. i already traded it away for a motorcycle before i even looked at it much lol. well we got it on the trailor when i looked under it there i noticed it had rack and pinion steering and coilover springs all from the factory i believe. so my mind started wondering would all that go under an a body. it has the same style k frame so maby minor mods there and use their lower control arms and our uppers and reinforce the shock towers and all and that might be it. lol that sounds so easy so why hasnt it been commonly done lol? ya i would have to make engine mounts but they had spool type already so maby just move them and reweld them in. i know if it was done wrong it would not be able to be aligned which would suck but if one took their time it could be sweet. we just got back from the junk yard and they have 2 pacers with the same set up i believe. i would guess i could get the whole subframe for next to nothing. what do you all think? could this be done and how stupid or smart would it be

There are alot of street rodders that use the whole sub frame, you unhook the steering column, 1 brake line and 4 bolts and its on the ground. I have never measured an A-body frame to see if they line up.

My dad has a pacer clip under his `50 Studebaker pu. It rides nice but parts are expensive for it!! He had it aligned a few weeks ago. It needed new upper ball joints. They were $105 each!!!:shock: I wouldn't waste my time with it.

This used to be a popular swap into old Chevy trucks. Now with the parts availability and their cost it's probably prohibitive.

-
Back