Painless install almost done, no turn signals

-
I'm just growing older and grumpier by the day. I relate strongly to Redd Foxx's Fred Sanford character. Only difference between he and I, he don't have a small dog in his lap LOL
You are me!!! Just turned 75. Nowhere NEAR the energy I had just a couple - three years ago, and I thought I was bad, then. Haven't even had the boat out yet this year, and it was 97 here today. Back down to the 80's next week, but they are predicting winds

FIXED!
Was thinking about it quite a bit last night and this morning over coffee and came up with the possible problem. @slantsixdan's point about the dual filament turn signal bulbs got me thinking about the dual leads I had coming off the front turn signals. I had the second wire hooked up incorrectly, I had it grounded (dumbass move on my part) with the headlights ground wires... the painless diagram had no designation for the second turn signal wire so I ASSuMEd it was a ground like the headlights have a ground. Painless has a "parking light" wire for the frontend, I hooked that up and no luck, I then spliced into the front marker light wires and BINGO, running light filament turns on with markers and the second filament flashes with the turn signals!

Apologies for the mistake being an ignorant move on my part, really appreciate the help and getting me thinking on all this. Now I gotta start making the wires all pretty and resolder that broken piece on the back of the instrument panel and we should be all buttoned up and ready for megasquirt wiring....

Mike @ HCA

FIXED!
Was thinking about it quite a bit last night and this morning over coffee and came up with the possible problem. @slantsixdan's point about the dual filament turn signal bulbs got me thinking about the dual leads I had coming off the front turn signals. I had the second wire hooked up incorrectly, I had it grounded (dumbass move on my part) with the headlights ground wires... the painless diagram had no designation for the second turn signal wire so I ASSuMEd it was a ground like the headlights have a ground. Painless has a "parking light" wire for the frontend, I hooked that up and no luck, I then spliced into the front marker light wires and BINGO, running light filament turns on with markers and the second filament flashes with the turn signals!

Apologies for the mistake being an ignorant move on my part, really appreciate the help and getting me thinking on all this. Now I gotta start making the wires all pretty and resolder that broken piece on the back of the instrument panel and we should be all buttoned up and ready for megasquirt wiring....

Mike @ HCA

Thnx for coming back with the solution .
So often we are left hanging . .
Good luck, cheers .

Very good!!! It is easy to get into a corner on this stuff.

Thnx for coming back with the solution .
So often we are left hanging . .
Good luck, cheers .
Yep, and I just hate it when that happens. "I would rather read, "Everyone one here was waaaaaay clueless and no help at all", than no follow-up at all

This is also a great example of how tough it is to offer advice on a custom wired/ rewired vehicle. Some of us KNOW how it is supposed to be and operate, but the new wiring IS different. and of course may be incorrect.

-
Back