Paint shop jail... No parole!!!

-
My only dealing with the "nationally known shop" was he recommended my guy who works for him every other week. He told me his shop was so busy that it would be a year before he could get to my project. He said you could hire this guy(my guy). He said which ever shop you decide to go with he will be doing the metal work and paint. My guy was $20/hr cheaper so I went with him plus he was able to start on it right away.

I never thought my plight would generate so many comments. Thanks guys for all your concern and advice. I of course will keep you posted.

I don;t own a pro shop. So if/when I do any large job - rust/steel, paint/body, engines - it's always $$ for parts/materials and 50% of the estimate up front. Balance on delivery. I get what I need and the customer has something to hold over me. IMO, if you are paying by progress - he should be providing you with statements of what's been done and what's been bought. In the past this has been how I've run my shops on large jobs. I'll also agree that at this point - you need to stick with this guy and pressure him to get yours done. Go down weekely if not every couple days. Go look at what's being worked on and make comments. That always is hard to explain why something else had to be put in front of you... If you pull it out now as was said - you'll get no warranty on anything already done and you lose all the finishing material costs with should be into four figures.

Fj5, We will have to hook up at not sure of the name but awesome burger lots of onions place. I think there is a swap meet up there this week end , do you ever go?

I never thought my plight would generate so many comments. Thanks guys for all your concern and advice. I of course will keep you posted.

I does only because you're not alone, many of us have gone through the very same thing including myself. It's not unusual for the these shops big or small to closes up or move overnight without notice. Leaving you to track them down. Sounds crazy but it happens a lot, must be a industry standard or something.:D

Kahuna, Papa's Onion Burger. I'm on call this weekend but I'm gonna make it to the show at least once.

Well, I'm going to the painter today to see if my car is still of any value. I don't know if it was hit by the tornado last night or not. I can't get a answer from the painter. Storms were really close to the shop. Wish me luck.

Well, I'm going to the painter today to see if my car is still of any value. I don't know if it was hit by the tornado last night or not. I can't get a answer from the painter. Storms were really close to the shop. Wish me luck.

Hoping for the best.

Go with a trailer. If it's intact, TAKE IT WITH YOU! If you don't, you will never drive the car again.

Still in one piece. Tornado missed the shop. All is well. Thanks for the well wishes.

-
Back