Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby

-
Love this ride!

You posted about the trunk finish panel fit on Mr "mosleyme" post.

How long have you let the trunk sit closed after installing the gasket?

I noticed my trunk sits higher after installing the gasket and have been leary about opening the mount holes for better alignment. Seems the gasket needs to settle a bit first. Alignment was great prior to installing the gasket.

Love the B7 on Pams and mine.

Hope she gets to drive it soon as you have done some great work for her!!

If you got a Steele Rubber Co gasket then it should sitabout perfect. If you got an aftermarket like soft seal or something then it may not settle anymore. If you can set it out in the sun with some weight on the lid....that will help a bit. You can also try to adjust the latch mechanism so it closes tighter.

I used a ebay gasket the first go around and it was was high so I went back to reliable Steele Rubber Co.

I got my trunk trim panel on tonight and it fits pretty good. The new trim panel is thin compared to stock and the ends are finished like crap so they dont follow the contour of the trunk for ****.

Looks good with the lid closed though.

Bummer was though that I forgot to put in the trunk lock first so now I gotta remove it.:banghead:

At least I got the tonneau cover trims/snaps on tonight and that went well.

Couple of pics just to prove that I did something to myself. :cheers:

I worked a bit on the carpet but just aint in the mood yet so I'll fix my trunk lock screw up tomorrow and try to carpet again.

G'day

Attachments

• 100_5336.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_5337.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 493
  • 100_5339.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 475
So I pushed myself to continue with one thing a day and here you go. Done except the top.
I think were going drive it for the rest of the summer then get the top started in fall.

Were going to set the timing and break it in shortly.

Between my fat blu fish and this car it's been a long 10 years of restorations. I am so glad to be done for a while. It's going to seem strange not to work on a car every night. The good news is that I have 10 years worth of movies I missed to catch up on. Hope some of them are worth the wait!.

Enjoy these crummy pics. I will post a nice set once I get the car outside and the weather is decent.

Mop

Attachments

• 20140719_082016.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 476
  • 20140719_081934.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 468
  • 20140719_081948.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 470
Car looks Awesome!!! Love that color blue. I'm doing a 70 Cuda EB7 Jamaica

Oh, I am proud.....and worn the F out. 10 years and 2 hot cars....if you would have told me 10 years ago that I would be sitting here like this today I would have told you you were insane.

I'm total ADHD so I don't usually have patience for long drawn out anything.....one little thing a day was the only way I made it happen.

I finally got my fish out last weekend with Confused Cuda. We did a 60-70 mile run through the country on some seriously twisty up and down country roads. How AWESOME that was.

Cant wait to get out again this weekend and drive/ go to some cruise nights instead of building!

Attachments

• 20130518_105018.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 456
Decon will not hold your Grilles. The straight on section you repaired, needed a back brace. It will break upon installation or later when the road vibrations occur. Sorry to be a bringer of bad tidings, but the 69 Cuda Grilles are notorious for recracking once installed into the cars, if you make it that far.
The best epoxy on the markets are the ones that advertise their PSI rating, such as JB Weld. JB Weld has recently put out a Clear 2 part epoxy that has the highest PSI strength rating in the industry.
Congrats on redoing your orig 69 Cuda Grilles, it was a wise choice. The reproductions are a total nightmare. It is amazing that the guy chooses to keep them on the market. Really bad stuf, nothing even close to the originals.

You have the nicest and cleanest garage I've ever seen! Looks like it's parked in your living room!

Decon will not hold your Grilles. The straight on section you repaired, needed a back brace. It will break upon installation or later when the road vibrations occur. Sorry to be a bringer of bad tidings, but the 69 Cuda Grilles are notorious for recracking once installed into the cars, if you make it that far.
The best epoxy on the markets are the ones that advertise their PSI rating, such as JB Weld. JB Weld has recently put out a Clear 2 part epoxy that has the highest PSI strength rating in the industry.
Congrats on redoing your orig 69 Cuda Grilles, it was a wise choice. The reproductions are a total nightmare. It is amazing that the guy chooses to keep them on the market. Really bad stuf, nothing even close to the originals.

No problems with them yet and I have had them in and out several times. Hope it doesnt crack but if it does I will deal with it yet.

You have the nicest and cleanest garage I've ever seen! Looks like it's parked in your living room!

It is parked in our basement man/kid cave. But only for now...my fish gets to sit there over the winter and hers will be relegated to the garage. We don;t have much room and I only have 3 car garage.....this was the only logical place I could come up with to keep one.

Dude, TWO amazing Barracudas in one thread for sure but this convertible is just fantastic. You build a lot like I do: very hands-on, do-it-your-damn-self if at all possible.

You were repairing those grilles about the time I was negotiating to buy my own project [Biohazard] It is interesting to read the date stamps next to the posts and get a feel for how much time other people are putting into their builds. I've been commended numerous times for 'attention to detail' but now I pass those on to you. Absolutely beautiful car!

So just to post an update. The car has been sitting in the garage for a month or two now un-driveable due to the Magnumfarce/wilturd drop spindle/disc brake set up that doesn't work well on 72 and older a bodies. Made the track width to wide by 3/4" on each side. That created a problem with tire rubbing even though I am only running 17" x 7" with 4.5" back space. That is the most back space available in this style of wheel.

Long story short, I had to redesign and have the hubs made with 3/4" offset in order for the tires to clear the fender lips during hard turns. I tried to get Wilturd and Magnum Farce to help out and even begged them to put a disclaimer on the product to warn others about the increased in track width on the 72 and older cars and neither wanted to help nor make that disclaimer.

**** them....hope your reading this you worthless turds. Still waiting on that e-mail you little bitches....

I digress. So I did a bunch of measuring and here is the solution to my problem. On the left is my hub on the right is the assholes hub.

Car is on the road now and working flawlessly no thanks to them.

THANK YOU CRAIG...for your interest in my problem, straying from what makes you money and for helping me out by making these awesome hubs!

Photo shoot to come soon!

Attachments

• 100_5422.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 100_5421.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_5420.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_5419.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 336
Dude, TWO amazing Barracudas in one thread for sure but this convertible is just fantastic. You build a lot like I do: very hands-on, do-it-your-damn-self if at all possible.

You were repairing those grilles about the time I was negotiating to buy my own project [Biohazard] It is interesting to read the date stamps next to the posts and get a feel for how much time other people are putting into their builds. I've been commended numerous times for 'attention to detail' but now I pass those on to you. Absolutely beautiful car!

Thanks for the compliment. As they say, the devil is in the details.

Update on the grills as well. 85 miles of bumpy roads and no cracks yet! :cheers:

I'm hoping the relief holes I drilled at the end of each crack stopped the propagation.

First wash of the new car today! Yes we used water :pale: I'm one of those guys that hates to use a hose on my cars. I dust them then use spray detailer and a microfiber cloth most of the time. But sometimes they get dirty and muddy from the road so gotta pull the trigger once in a while.

Antway we got all the dust and polishing compound off and it looks pretty good. Few swirly's in the paint but after all I have been through we'll call it good for now. Yes Pam helped clean her car!

Photo shoot time! Enjoy!:D

Attachments

• 100_5462.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 301
  • 100_5459.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 100_5457.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 331
  • 100_5455.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_5453.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_5450.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_5447.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_5446.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 100_5442.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 100_5423.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 320
That is absolutley gorgeous!!!!

Super nice job!!!!

Rolled my B7 out today and used water and Rainex wash. First wash but had to get all the sweat from re-assembly off and the dust from the road in front of the house. Dry clean would just have rubbed it into the paint.

Exactly. You have to get them wet once in a while to get the grime layer off.

I usually do it twice a year. Our cars sit for 5 months over winter uncovered so come spring there is a nice layer of filth on them that demands water!

Love the custom touches you added to this beauty! Thats what makes it even more stunning!!
Im starting to think about attacking my grills. A question...the plastic ovals that you repaired, can they be seperated from the outer chrome pieces??
LOL, looking for as much info/help as I can get with the grills...dont wanna ***** them up!
Adding this thread to my favorites.

Thanks again.

4spdragtop, yes your grills can be separated from the large outer ring. I think I have the process somewhere earlier in this thread....shows all the parts at least partialy.

Going out later today to shake it down some more! After it warms up a bit that is. :D

Take it easy,

Mop

Had to follow up on this statement.

I have 560 miles of hard driving on it and the grills have held up amazingly. Have traversed bumpy gravel roads, jacked the car up and down 100 times and I have scrubbed them to rid them of bugs. The repairs and the paint has held up as well. Not just on the grills but also on the side panels in the back that are made of plastic. Again no separation or cracking at all.

Just goes to show that you never really know if it will work till you try it yourself. Hope nobody got scared away by the ignorant comment regarding use of Decon. :cheers:

Attachments

• 100_5443.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 100_4821.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 203
And one last post for now. Pam with her first ever trophy at a car show a couple of weeks ago.

Only Mopar to get an award out of top 50 picks. I was very happy for her! :cheers:

Yea, I live in Ford/Chevy country.....both have manufacturing plants near by.\

The good news is that we had fun and she's ready to go to more cruises and shows. :D

Attachments

• 20150815_154134.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 198
Sweet looking car, B7 blue is a great color that you don't see very often. Awsome job on the restoration!

Awesome and congrats to you and Pam.

Love yall's ride.

Used to that with the shows around here.

We got wins at Year One and the Auto Crusade in the last month. Few Mopars and stiff competion from rods and tri 5's! Hard to compete when the shows are open and mainly based on customs!

-
Back