parking brake cable routing

-

moparfanatic56

Reaction score
Ok I have a 72 dart swinger and I bought new parking brake cables from inline tube. I have the rear cables assembled but I am at a loss on the front cable routing. The old cable is still in place but I can't see anyway possible to run it the same route as the original. So is there an alternate way to run the cable or do I have to try and fish it through the original routing. There is a hole in the crossmember next to the torsion bar so can it run along the frame rail and go through this hole and still function correctly, any thoughts or help will be appreciated. Thanks

I recently went through this. I was able to force the new cable through the old route. I believe I used a wire coat hanger to snake it through but it was a challenge! I think I used the old cable to get the coat hanger through as a first step.
Good luck,
Steve

I recently went through this. I was able to force the new cable through the old route. I believe I used a wire coat hanger to snake it through but it was a challenge! I think I used the old cable to get the coat hanger through as a first step.
Good luck,
Steve
Thanks, just what I didn't want to hear, lol. Hopefully there is an alternative but with my luck probably not.

Alrighty, I got it fished through (wasn't as bad as I thought) now what's the trick to snap it in place where it goes through the crossmember

I did it on my 69 and its a challenge but on insurmountable. It has to be fed from the engine bay into the frame rail and out. I found on my car it needs to be about paralell to the fire wall to start it in. What is more fun is hooking it up under the dash to the the mechanism.

I did it on my 69 and its a challenge but on insurmountable. It has to be fed from the engine bay into the frame rail and out. I found on my car it needs to be about paralell to the fire wall to start it in. What is more fun is hooking it up under the dash to the the mechanism.
Yea i am not looking forward to that.

-
Back