Part 2 - Rummaging in Colorado

-

bollcreate

Reaction score
Okay folks, I got the lowdown and photos on the 69 Dart GTS.
Below is my original post, and have added the decode of the fender tag and photos. Mileage says 60,202

-------------
Original post:
Okay, needing some help with an upcoming gentleman's handshake deal.

I took my mutt for a little hike while on vacation in Western Colorado, and saw a grill poking out from under a cloth tarp in a back yard. (Yes, outside with a cotton cover.) Back 1/4 on a white paint job, a familiar vertical stripe, it being in red. I looked up the grill for a year. Turns out to be a 1969 Dodge Dart GTS. Asked a couple of guys doing some home-addition work to the place about it. 4-speed with the 340 motor in the shed, out of the elements. Looks to be about 4k of these with the 4-speed made. 16 in White.

I'm a b-body guy, '70 Bee. But looking at production numbers, I need this in my garage now.

See a bit of rust on door jam, but looks okay from what I can see. Gonna stop by and ask about seeing the fender tag, and a bit of history on it.

So my question:
Saying tag and history are legit…. I am looking for thoughts on how many $100 bills I should lay down for a Dart GTS that will need a good amount of love?

-------------
From Fender tag:

LS23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Special
2 Door Hardtop

P9B: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

220321: Sequence number
E55: 340 cid 4 barrel V8 275hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
W1: White Top Color
W1: White Exterior Color
P6R: Trim - Premium, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Red
R6: Red Int. Door Frames
B26: Build Date: November 26
092137: Order number
A01: Light Package
C55: Bucket Seats
G15: Tinted Windshield
G33: LH Remote Racing Mirror
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
M25: Wide sill moldings
R21: AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
V8R: Tranverse Stripes, Red
END: End of Sales Codes

$# suggestions?

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 106
  • v2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 103
  • v3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 100
  • v4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 95
  • v5.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 104
  • v6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 103
  • v6.5.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 107
  • v7.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108
  • v8.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 117
  • v9.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 108
Okay, needing some help with an upcoming gentleman's handshake deal.

I took my mutt for a little hike while on vacation in Western Colorado, and saw a grill poking out from under a cloth tarp in a back yard. (Yes, outside with a cotton cover.) Back 1/4 on a white paint job, a familiar vertical stripe, it being in red. I looked up the grill for a year. Turns out to be a 1969 Dodge Dart GTS. Asked a couple of guys doing some home-addition work to the place about it. 4-speed with the 340 motor in the shed, out of the elements. Looks to be about 4k of these with the 4-speed made. 16 in White.

I'm a b-body guy, '70 Bee. But looking at production numbers, I need this in my garage now.

See a bit of rust on door jam, but looks okay from what I can see. Gonna stop by and ask about seeing the fender tag, and a bit of history on it.

So my question:
Saying tag and history are legit…. I am looking for thoughts on how many $100 bills I should lay down for a Dart GTS that will need a good amount of love?
really no way to value it without your location or pictures. hard to tell if the quarters are rusty, if the roof is gone, or if the frame rails are solid. Buying a car sight unseen is ill-advised.

Oh, I will do all due-diligence for sure, but asking some $ generalities for A-bodies as that knowledge is not currently in my wheelhouse.

a 1969 GTS 4 speed 340 car? you just happened upon it-- bring the brinks truck. Lawrence

You are asking the wrong people. There is only one person, or maybe two if it's a joint ownership title that can answer that question.

LS23:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Special
2 Door Hardtop

P9B: 340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

Grab it if you can, that AM/FM radio alone is a very rare option. That would be a really nice car restored. I'd hit him at 3.5-4k & see where he's at if it has the #s matching drivetrain.

Good luck picking it up. What a great combo - white and red. Keep us updated.8)

-
Back