-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1969VADart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Since I am taking out the complete interior of my car this winter, I want to convert my 3-speed automatic on the column to a floor shift automatic. I was wondering if anyone has the complete kit or set of parts to facilitate this conversion? I am not absolutely certain of all of the parts I need. I have also looked at the conversion kit listed below on EBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Conso...d=100033&prg=1011&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=200980944068&

Can anyone tell me if this kit includes all of the parts I need (aside from needed changes to the steering column)?

Wow, they are proud of those parts. Don't you have to have a place to mount the part to on your transmission? It is on the tail housing if I recall right.

You'll need a floorshift steering column also. Manual or power steering?? Makes a difference on the steering column. They are different lengths. PM me. I might have your parts.

If Woody30 don't get you fixed up PM me i have those pieces also

As I was doing some additional research on this floor shift conversion and trying to find a console, I came across one that had been cut to fit the underdash AC vent. Can anyone tell me if the floor shift console is meant to fit with an underdash AC vent or if it has to be modified to fit? Or is there a different type of console for AC cars that have a floot shift? Thanks.

The only difference I've seen is the AC consoles are flat across the front. Is your AC setup an underdash unit or do you just have the AC vents below the dash?

If the latter, either style console will fit....

great, that's all I needed to hear is that a few members have floor shift columns for sale.... My wish list just got longer, thx folks!

The only difference I've seen is the AC consoles are flat across the front. Is your AC setup an underdash unit or do you just have the AC vents below the dash?

If the latter, either style console will fit....

I guess it is actually just the vents. I didn't realize there is a difference in the actual AC setup.

I am finally compiling my parts for my floor shift conversion. I was lucky enough to get the floor shift parts for Christmas. However, I was wondering if anyone has the paper template to mount the console brackets on the hump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back