-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue87D100

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Parts for the scarebird disc brake swap- Brand new rotors,loaded calipers with pads and hardware,and brake hoses. 70.00

check out www.scarebird.com for more info on the swap. I paid about 90.00+ shipping for these parts two months ago,its all still brand new in the boxes.

scarebird.jpg

I believe the parts he is selling are the same for 9 or 10" conversion. The difference is the adapter bracket you buy from Scarebird.

$90????
just the brackets are $105
and the whole kit is $495
not sure what you are selling
do you have pics?

Not that we know what is being sold here but this will give you a better idea of what the process is.

This is the correct link for the Scarebird Mopar A-bodies installiation.
http://www.scarebird.com/index.php?id=30

This setup converts 9" and 10" drums found on 1965-72 Mopar A bodys to disc. We use 1990 Chevrolet Celebrity calipers and Toyota Previa rotors to accomplish this. They are quite inexpensive, easy to find and fit inside the factory steel rims. First thing is to measure to find out what front drums you have. The brackets we send are different, and not interchangeble.

Scarebird Disc brake parts- Brand new rotors,loaded calipers with pads and hardware,and brake hoses. 70.00

check out www.scarebird.com for more info on the swap. I paid about 90.00+ shipping for these parts two months ago,its all still brand new in the boxes.

As the above ad states, I have the rotors,loaded calipers and hoses you need to make the swap. You would still need to buy the brackets,a new master cylinder,prop valve,and longer studs.

PM me if you are interested,

JP

so you don't actually have any scarebird brackets or adapter parts at all?
just the parts you can get from the local auto parts store?
you can see how that could be a little misleading don't you think?

They are the parts you need to make the swap,so I dont see how it is misleading. :dontknow:

it is misleading because it says, and I quote
"scarebird disk brake parts"
only you have no scarebird parts for sale
you have chevy calipers and toyota rotors I presume?
or aftermarket chevy calipers and aftermarket toyota rotors

I guess when someone claimes to have "scarebird disk brake parts"
I would kind of expect them to have actual parts FROM SCAREBIRD

just trying to clarify exactly what is for sale here
as I would like to get a set of scarebird 10" disk brake conversion brackets and adapters

not saying you were trying to mislead anyone
just that you could have been a bit clearer in the heading and description

I think the pics do help a lot though

and if anyone is is interested a friend of mine just put the scarebird conversion on his 62 Chrysler 300 and I can say it is a really nice set up

Ya I bought the "premium" parts over the cheaper stuff. Would have saved about 15-20 bux by going "cheap",but these are my brakes im talking about! I hope someone can use this stuff. Its bendix hoses,and I believe raybestos rotors.

why are you not using it?

Car I bought to use them on got side swiped in the middle of the night after I just bought it,and before I had a chance to register it or get any insurance. So now I am parting it out,and saving up for another car.

Car I bought to use them on got side swiped in the middle of the night after I just bought it,and before I had a chance to register it or get any insurance. So now I am parting it out,and saving up for another car.

wow that sucks !
sorry to hear about your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back