Pedal difference?

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
Are the pedals from a 3 speed duster the same as a 4 speed duster? Asking because I dont know (wouldnt put it past Mopar to use different pedals)

I believe there is, the 4spd's have a much heavier spring. Someone else will chime in with more info Im sure

I believe there is, the 4spd's have a much heavier spring. Someone else will chime in with more info Im sure

Thanks for that info, any would be great. Kind of curious if the lighter spring would be needed with a hyd clutch setup

As long as you're comparing same year A bodies, the pedal assemblies are the same. There's 63-66, 67-72 and 73-76.

yup. i used my 3 speed pedals when i swapped in my 4 speed in the late 90's. been that way ever since (probably around 30-40K). no problems.

Michael

I know you didnt ask but if you use a center force clutch you don't need the spring anyway.

exactly x2
the link above shows difference in 67-72 compared to 73-76 is all !
same on both 3 & 4 speeds as yrs shown by StrokerScamp

As long as you're comparing same year A bodies, the pedal assemblies are the same. There's 63-66, 67-72 and 73-76.

I know you didnt ask but if you use a center force cluth you don't need the spring anyway.
Nice! Didn't think a spring would be needed to a Hyd. clutch, I'll go check Center force out.

exactly x2
the link above shows difference in 67-72 compared to 73-76 is all !
same on both 3 & 4 speeds as yrs shown by StrokerScamp

The very first pic shows 2 71 pedal assemblies...same year...but they are different, cuz one is 3 spd and one is 4 spd. OP initially asked because he is going hyd clutch, so it doesnt matter anyway...

Anyways
You got it NOW & I say use it & will work fine 3 or 4 speed regardless!
only time this spring thang would be an issue is you EVER NEED BUY that spring !
i find small issue with mopars OEM stuff with same part # YET made lil different !
an inland shifter & seat belts come to mind at the moment for example !
Id waste the rest of your time to figure hyd. clutch mock up ?
Should be smooth left foot relief at red light !
Post pics when you that setup up & working ?
Use what you got for pedal setup & Dont worry about it !
my 2.2 cents opinion on the matter !

The pin spread is the diiference year to year that is important for manual clutch. For a hyd. clutch you will need a master and a slave. A 1989 and up to 1993 uses a hydralic clutch set up on all 1/2 ton pick-ups with the OD trans. You will be able to use all of these components. The bell housing has the large hole for th OD trans bearing retainer so you will need to make a Bushing /adapter to reduce the size for a 833 4 spd trans. The cutch pedal assembly for a car can be used . To modify your car assembly The top of the pedal must be moved over to make room for the master push rod on your car pedals. I used another brake pedal arm from an automatic and welded it to the outside of the clutch pedal pivot after cuttimg the clutch pedal off . Save the pedal pad you will need to use it to replace the larger automatic pad to make them the same size.

hi fellas i dont mean to rehash this but are the clutch pedal assys the same for all dusters
73 and up? or to put it another way can i use a 74 slant six duster clutch pedal setup in a 73 340 duster application? (if not-what mods are needed to make it work properly?)
also is there a difference between a 73 floor shift colum an a 74?
thanx.

hi fellas i dont mean to rehash this but are the clutch pedal assys the same for all dusters
73 and up? or to put it another way can i use a 74 slant six duster clutch pedal setup in a 73 340 duster application? (if not-what mods are needed to make it work properly?)
also is there a difference between a 73 floor shift colum an a 74?
thanx.

I don't know on the column, but the pedal assemblies from 67-76 ALL interchange. 67-72 are the same, while the 73 and up are different in style.....but the 67-76 will all interchange.

-
Back