Pedal Push ROD needed

-

djwhog

Reaction score
OK another part I need. I have a 64 Dart, was the old single master drum setup, anway went with a 70 dart 4 piston disc manual disc master. I need the push rod from the pedal to the master. My old one is the type that bolts int othe master, dont see how I can make it workl.

Anyone have one for sale or what I can use or where to get one from?

thanks!

I dont; have any extras at the moment. maybe in a few weeks. maybe look into a mopar adjustable one. Just a thought.

I dont; have any extras at the moment. maybe in a few weeks. maybe look into a mopar adjustable one. Just a thought.

Not a huge rush, but if you still got it let me know when you do. I may still need it.

thanks for the help!

unbolt it and use it. it should have the groove for the bushing that retains it.

personally I'd say to try the mopar adjustable one. When I went from power discs to manual discs and a modern m/c, I had to cut and weld a manual brake pushrod twice to adjust the pedal height. An adjustable would have made the job much easier.

Well my rod is molded into the piston in the single master. So I guess I will need to get the adjustable type if nobody has a spare 67-71 disc type or dual res master model rod.

thanks though!

no it isn't molded. it need to be pryed out.

Well I could not pry it out, but what the hell the old master is junk, I broke the piston and it seems the rod is the correct lenght.

PS Is there anything I need to put on the ball end of the rod or is it out just resting in the master bore with the pedal pressure holding it in place? Even if I lift up on the brake pedal it is OK and does not fall out. I thnk the overall length is perfect for pedal height.

thank again Red!

there should be a rubber doughnut that goes ont eh end of the rod in a groove....that holds the rod in the MC.

put a pair of vise grips around it leaving about 3/4" between the jaws of the vise grips and the piston. take 2 wrenches, 1 from each side and pry it out.

try master power brakes. i bought one one time , ithink it was from them. it was real nice and cheaper than anyone else. i think it was almost half the price of the mopar one.

I kinda scares me when someone is winging a brake swap. Dude, do some reading. I admire your gusto...but get some knowledge first.

The manual pushrod from you 64 is the same for any other A body manual MC. Use it.
If you get a A1-Cardone MC (101627), its comes with a little rubber piece (looks like a 1/4" long length of 1/4" black rubber tubing - - but its NOT - - dims are slightly different). That little retaining rubber is all you need. Lube it a little, then slip it on the pushrod. Tap the pushrod into the back of the piston.

-
Back