Picture of the day - I took this btw.

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
This was taken at the farm today. This engine has been hanging here for about 6 months now. The engine was about a foot higher when originally hung, but the rope has slowly worked its way to where it is now. Who can guess the engine? Thought you guys might get a chuckle out of it, or someone will tell me how stupidly unsafe this looks. :)

22Ronrope.jpg

Still nope.

Hahah, ya. It's an interesting sight in the wind. Good thing the block is cracked and we don't care about it anymore.

Wait :sign7::sign7::sign7:
That's was three guesses :drinkers:

that's a toyota "R" series engine. 20R or 22R. one of the two.

Hey! That looks stupidly unsafe!

Well, you did say you were expecting it....:angel9::D:toothy10:

I done told yall what it is. Wait and see.

StrokerScamp wins it! It's a 22R from a 1981 Toyota 4x4. Would you mind telling us what gave it away?

Yeah. Me. I worked in a Toyota service department for seven years. In fact, I'm still a Toyota certified technician, because their certifications never expire. Those are some mighty fine engines, too. What's my prize? LOL

I was gonna say a 22R from a Hilux ute....or a Corona.

And here I thought it was only the frames of Toyota pickups that cracked... live and learn.

The frame of the truck it is from is totally rotted out, got pulled over and was issued a vehicle inspection because you could push your hand through the frame. I'm pretty sure the truck box and cab were holding the frame together.

But the engine was rebuilt probably 4 years ago, about a $2500 rebuild, so it was too bad to see the block crack.

-
Back