Status
Not open for further replies.

like_A_pike

that's not factory
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
What does a good one of these look like?

image.jpg

I think it supposed to show a part number?? It’s between the belts where you adjust the length.

Please share your picture of a good one. Thanks

1968 Plymouth is the vintage of interest

This is 67, 68 is similar

Blue is part number
Red is year made
Green is quarter made.

In this case the belt was made april - June in 1967

Screenshot_20240211-215636.png

Are you going to make some?

If so look an eBay and Google for the correct year.

Note when your car was shipped and decide what quarter to make.

My dart shipped Feb 1967
My belts are 1966 4th quarter

I’m replacing the strap and cleaning up the hardware and ran into them (painted over) I am considering re-creating them while I’m at this point!

There is a member who re webs seatbelts and said he has the tags, I don't know if he will sell tags alone or if they are truly like the origionals

There is a member who re webs seatbelts and said he has the tags, I don't know if he will sell tags alone or if they are truly like the origionals
Theirs maybe up to spec and worthy of an actual tag. Im not sure that mine could classify as exactly that. thanks however.

Now in my searching of the greater internet, ive come to find that the later 1967 quarters and 1968 belt part numbers begin to sneak into the 29451xx's. The lap belts for bench seats without retractors or that plastic bit on the outside of the front seats, seem to have led me to part # 2945148 Mopar. I am after the back seat belts on my fold down fastback seat. Mine are manufactured by Pontonier and some folks have suggested that an additional 4 digit number (4751 in this case) actually refers to a manufacture but I can't confirm that. I also don't think my old tags are large enough to contain a forth row of info! All that to say that I'm thinking mine were ....

CHRYSLER CORP.
2945148 (no box around the text)
1967 3 or 1968 (?) (no SAE code) it would be helpful to know when my car came out but alas i've no fender tag either!

the greater internet is short on images of this tag..... So I'll keep this request open to see if anyone is interested or can shoot us some new images of other seat belt tags.
thanks!!

I think I found that the little c after the SAE code means that's a child's seat belt
Not feeling it, but I can't argue it either.

Screenshot_20240213-190922.png

Screenshot_20240213-190806.png

If you look in the parts book. There are part numbers. I did this a year or so ago and found the seatbelts to be in various places in the different year books.

I did some digging on eBay...

Seems like in 66 and 67 at least the Pontonier belts have the box around the part number and the PG do not.

Your belts look great

How did you make your tag?
Kinda cheesy but I yanked a blank tag from a pillow, taped it to a page with 2 sets of data (to center the image) and ran it through our printer. May try different font or material in the next pass.
59CC7AB7-74A2-463B-94DA-026F161EF923.jpeg

Last edited:
and ran it through our printer.
I assume you have a fabric printer.

There is materials I have seen at fabric stores. It's like a ribbon you would use to tie a bow But cloth. It is factory sealed on two sides

I assume you have a fabric printer.

There is materials I have seen at fabric stores. It's like a ribbon you would use to tie a bow But cloth. It is factory sealed on two sides
No I used a regular laser printer :p

I’ll have to take a look. I assumed that stuff was available. I’m still in the R&D phase lol. The moment I find an exact image of that tag , I’ll rip those out and get serious!

How did you feed the cloth through a laser printer.

Or do you mean a Laser that burns into surfaces

I used MS word to create 2 labels in the middle of a page and printed that. Then taped the cloth in position over that image in the paper and reloaded that paper. Then let it rip a second time lol! Not sure I’d try it with a $75k office printer.

Bump. Anyone have original lap belts in the back seat of their 1968 fastback Barracuda??? Or know exactly what the part number for those is?

Bump. Anyone have original lap belts in the back seat of their 1968 fastback Barracuda??? Or know exactly what the part number for those is
Look on eBay

I found many examples of 67

Everything below relates to 67 seat belts.
I only include it to this conversation because it might help with seatbelt part number understanding.

It also seems that the part number for the front male and female are the same number.

And the rear M & F are the same number

And color does not change the part number

1966-4 and 1967-1 are for model year 67
1966-3 should be for 67
My note "2 examples - one is longer than the other" refers to two rear male belts in the same photo. Same part number and date but one is a few inches longer than the other.

Screenshot_20240217-155154.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back