Piles.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Of stuff. Anyone else have them?? Kitchen table, desk, workbench. Pretty much just a pile builder.....

every day when I come home theres a pile on the dining room table. Drives me crazy. My father is a borderline hoarder, I cant stand messes because of it.

The wife and I had piles of crap we didn't use, just something that happens when you combine two homes.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the house fire took care of that problem.

With the insurance it was like having a garage sale where everything sold.

Old people used to call hemroids "piles" so yep I have some pains in the a**es. to deal with.

I have filled a 10 yard dumpster the last 3 years in a row. I dont know were it comes from.

every day when I come home theres a pile on the dining room table. Drives me crazy. My father is a borderline hoarder, I cant stand messes because of it.
Does you Dad save busted concrete blocks, because you never know when you might need one?? After my Dad had became disabled my Mother sold his business. When we cleaned out the office I found busted blocks, he was using them for a shelf of sorts. Everything I dragged out for trash pick up he dragged back in. Took me loading everything in the back of my truck and hauling it to the dump to get rid of it.....

When he moved I watched him put a flat wheel barrow tire and some crushed pieces of PVC pipe in the U-haul truck. Hes now storing stuff at my house, filled my garage up on me so I had to rent a storage unit for his crap to clean my garage back out. 8 boxes of cook boos, 2 complete sets of encyclopedias (you know like google but in print) a washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator and stove from a house he hasnt lives in for 5 years, a broken vacume cleaner, you get the picture.

Piles...... I have plenty and I am going to thin them out this year. Auction or dumpster bound unless I need it, love it or can make money with it.

My piles aren't even good piles, they're half-a$$ed little mounds. I do always make a sweep before taking out the trash, so stuff doesn't pile up too much.

IMO there are way too many cookbooks in the world...

When he moved I watched him put a flat wheel barrow tire and some crushed pieces of PVC pipe in the U-haul truck. Hes now storing stuff at my house, filled my garage up on me so I had to rent a storage unit for his crap to clean my garage back out. 8 boxes of cook boos, 2 complete sets of encyclopedias (you know like google but in print) a washer, dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator and stove from a house he hasnt lives in for 5 years, a broken vacume cleaner, you get the picture.
Does he cook?? Glad you explained what an encyclopedia is, I forgot. For what it is worth Ernie might be interested in the cook books.......just saying....

The wife and I had piles of crap we didn't use, just something that happens when you combine two homes.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the house fire took care of that problem.

With the insurance it was like having a garage sale where everything sold.

I am very sorry for your loss... but that was a hilarious viewpoint. Hope everyone was safe.

Just cleaned out the garage to make room for the Scamp.Filled 2 industral dumpsters.Wouldn't be so bad if any was usable.

like google but in print?????? Bwah hahhahahahah thats funny as you know.....cain't say I'm tryin to be good for five minutes....this is killin me...ya'll prolly checkin your watches.....

i'm a recovering pile maker.....I'm at least acknowledging I have piles, none in the house except around the computer for the last week,i do organise it daily...still looks like a pile but its an orderly pile

Although it is in containers and piled neatly in the storage room, my wife has enough Christmas decorations to decorate 4 houses. And I have too many cars? :silent:

Although it is in containers and piled neatly in the storage room, my wife has enough Christmas decorations to decorate 4 houses. And I have too many cars? :silent:

Cars don't count.. or we'd all have piles. christmas decorations (according to wife) don't count either. Dang looks like you got NO piles:cheers:

i'm a recovering pile maker.....I'm at least acknowledging I have piles, none in the house except around the computer for the last week,i do organise it daily...still looks like a pile but its an orderly pile
Recovering Pile maker? Where did you go to get help? Is there a pile makers anonymous or something of that nature?? My piles stay somewhat orderly, until they get too tall and then they will slide apart, at which point the offending pile will then generally get merged with the other piles. And cars do not count, unless of course they are literally piled on each other......and using a 4 post lift does not count either.....

Piles? I like to think of them more as interesting scenery when walking down the pathways in between them. It's not that I don't try to keep organized, it's just that I never have been, so it's all a matter of degree.

Worst is, my wife ended up being a piler (didn't know that before we were married), and my daughter has inherited our madness. We throw stuff out regularly, it just seems that for every lb. we throw, 2lbs show up lol..

Grant

Piles? I like to think of them more as interesting scenery when walking down the pathways in between them. It's not that I don't try to keep organized, it's just that I never have been, so it's all a matter of degree.

Worst is, my wife ended up being a piler (didn't know that before we were married), and my daughter has inherited our madness. We throw stuff out regularly, it just seems that for every lb. we throw, 2lbs show up lol..

Grant
Nice to see this happens to others. The wife just went thru her pile a few days ago.....strange how it got a bit larger shortly afterward....

I have a few myself, but they are in my corner of the cottage, all 25 square feet of it :banghead:.
I have what looks like a pile of old floor mats (hiding my 440) and a pile of Dodge truck parts that would scare you..... :D

Creed has his pile in my new Eagles nest to stay safe and dry for his furd truck
A burn pile works some of the time, or to the dump it goes....

Attachments

• March 2012 1966 parts 009.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 133
  • March 2012 1966 parts 059.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 143
  • March 2012 1966 parts 062.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 139
  • March 2012 007.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 151
  • March 2012 013.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 135
  • March 2012 048.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 152
i have piles of useless crap. i seem to have this growing pile of tires and rims ....
Do you have a wall of them?? Say 4 feet high by 70 feet long? On the way to town there is one behind a trailer. This guy also has, what the wife has nick named, a garbage barge. He has a small boat that they have been throwing there trash in. It has recently started to tip over on its trailer and has dumped some of the garbage on the ground. It is sort of covered with a tarp.

-
Back