Pink 66 barracuda

-
My in-laws bought one brand new in 1966 in Santa Rosa (273 two barrel car). Sold it around 1969 in Fresno. The salesman called the color Playmate Pink and my in-laws knew it as that. I came across an odd one here in Fresno (clearly not the same car) several years ago on a small used car lot. Car was in decent shape, but had been repainted white (pink was showing though where the white had chipped). It had the "999" paint code and was a slant/three speed stick car. My in-laws don't have any color pictures of their car, but I did get these several years ago.
zzr_Pink.jpg

999 was not a color, it was just any color not in the catalog for that car. Pink cars? yeesh, even the Moulin Rouge/Panther Pink E body's were pretty hard on the eyes.

999 was not a color, it was just any color not in the catalog for that car. Pink cars? yeesh, even the Moulin Rouge/Panther Pink E body's were pretty hard on the eyes.

Your not really a Mopar guy, are you? :p FM3 is a beautiful color. :D

No, 999 was not a color, but Playmate pink is the only color I have heard of on a '66 Barracuda with the 999 code. There might have been other colors to get the 999, but all of the pink cars should have had the code.

Pink cars are very unusual color for a reason.

Pink cars of today are usually a show of opulence. Most of the high end car makers actually offer the color on insanely expensive cars being sold to celebrities who have huge money.

It's a very flashy way to show a very high status and power.

I think it was the same In the 60s. Pink cars are in existence because there were people who didn't mind spending some extra coin to put on an opulent look in the latest and greatest body styled car. A barracuda in its day was something unusual, coming out of a old conventional 50s look, suddenly you had a new compact with clean lines and snappy name like barracuda.

Today, every time I see pink, it's attached to a dream lifestyle of rich luxury.

Chevrolet-Corvette-Wrapped-in-Avery-SW900-Bubblegum-Pink-Vinyl.jpg

Paris-Hilton-–-Bentley-GT-Continental-Estimated-285K.png

Mariah-Carey-car.jpg

Nicki-Minaj-–-Lamborghini-Aventador-Estimated-400K.jpg

Flo-Rida-pink-Bugatti-716x630.png

17-female-celebrities-who-drive-the-most-luxurious-cars-in-the-world_9.jpg

Why is the gas filler on the passenger side on that 67?
The script Barracuda is not reversed though so it's not a flipped print.

You are right, but the fish is backwards. My 67 has the fish coming in on the left of the script, hers on the right. Wonder if the print was reversed, but someone fixed the script only.

Shes parked on the wrong side of the road too, and the 1400 address is correct. Euro?

Your not really a Mopar guy, are you? :p ...
Nope, not at all.......I just like commenting on them. 14,900+ times....:realcrazy:

-
Back