Pintastar??

-
Right side, one only, lower front fender dog leg.
1727470676155.jpeg

Mine did have one on the right fender only. I remember seeing quite a few back in the day the same way. Right side only

I would think it does. A friend has that exact car we have been working on, off & on for a few years now. I will try to find out for you exactly (Measurements) where Chrysler put them on the lower right fender if you'd like. Car was bought right here in Morrisville, Pa.& was mostly an original car. There is usually a small hole(s) in the fender for aligning the Pentastar in the correct spot on the assembly line too.

www.moparmuscleofcentralpa.com/history-of-the-pentastar.html
"It was placed on the passenger side fender so it could be viewed by passers-by, a subtle method of getting the symbol ingrained in the public's mind: a nameplate has to be read, but a symbol is quickly recognizable without reading. Thus left-hand drive cars had the Pentastar on the right fender, while right-hand drive cars had it on the left."

This is off of a 67 dart

5.25" forward of the rear of the fender

PXL_20240927_235437163.jpg

4 3/8" down from the lower style line
PXL_20240927_235449111.jpg
PXL_20240927_235453849.jpg

Inline with the GT badge
PXL_20240927_235500006.jpg

My 70 Valiant Ute from Australia had the pentastar on the left side due to it being right hand drive. Too bad I don't have a picture of that side...

Valiant ute.jpg

I would think it does. A friend has that exact car we have been working on, off & on for a few years now. I will try to find out for you exactly (Measurements) where Chrysler put them on the lower right fender if you'd like. Car was bought right here in Morrisville, Pa.& was mostly an original car. There is usually a small hole(s) in the fender for aligning the Pentastar in the correct spot on the assembly line too.
I'm in Levittown. I'd like to come look at the car.

It's not my car & it's in my friend's home shop garage. He's not too keen on letting people into his garage but I'll ask. The left fender that is on the car now is a new AMD unit & I don't think the alignment holes are in it, so I'll have to go off the one that was on the car when he bought it. It was hit in the front end long before he bought it, but it did have front fenders on it. It not going to be a restoration that's for sure, but it will be pretty bad ***. I'll get a couple pics. of it in progress next week.

-
Back