Please HELP!!!!!

-

sublimeswinger

SUBLIME Senior Member
Reaction score
OK I really need HELP NOW.

I talked to Summit about the comp cam kit k20-222-3

They said i will need to mill the heads so the springs will fit. WTF? Is this true?
I didnt want to take the heads off nor did i want to spend extra money (which i dont have) on them.

My springs measure 1 3/8 (i think) and he said i would have to have it milled for 1 1/2.

am i over reacting? is this a big deal? does he know what hes talking about?

p.s. He also said the mildon windage tray wont fit my stock pan....Is this true?

I want to order this stuff....any help would be appriciated A.S.A.P

Thanks ( I posted this as a reply under my post, What cam, but i need the answers quick, so i am posting it on its own.)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2540746

What are the specs on the cam ? If it uses dual springs the spring seats need to be cut to clear the inner springs. The Mopar Perf tray fits the stock pan. Not sure about the Milodon.

I dont see why they would say you need to machine the heads for those springs.

Those 901 Comp springs are single springs with a dampener. Are you positive your springs are 1-3/8 diameter. I thought all stock springs (except magnums) are 1.437 diameter which is close enough to 1-1/2 so you shouldn't need any spring seat milling. My 340 X heads were stock when I got them and you can put 1-1/2" springs on them with no problem.

Now if you were installing dual springs you would have to have them cut but were not talking dual springs here.

others from this site have suggested this setup....and NO on has ever said anything like that.Maybe hes coocoo.
Just to let you know i have a

68 318
stock 68 318 heads
stock block
performer intake
600 carb

you may be right Fishy....I used a tape measure and was in a hurry.
the heads are assembeled and i took the measurement off of the spring retainer....maybe i miss measured.

So this combo will work? with no problems? right?

If you measured the retainer it may be slightly smaller than the springs. Mine is. That being the case you should be good but since I'm not there to see them I can't positively say it.

BTW: Sorry but I can't help on the Milodon windage tray. Never messed with one of them.

-
Back