Please support my Small Business in obtaining a 250K Grant to grow and hire people!!!

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
OK, I went ahead and submitted my application. I AM NOT competing against any of the other outstanding business out here who have already applied for this grant. I figure why not? I have nothing to lose and possibly much to gain and possibly if I can get some contracts in other parts of the country I would hire and fly out and train and help set up other like minded individuals who may be interested in a career. I am very serious about this having spoke to my Wife, and Accountant already. I have a lot of contacts in the appliance industry having been involved in this field for over 20 yrs. Please if you could get me votes so maybe one of these (or hopefully all ) of the business seeking votes out here can win a grant. Thanks in advance!!! - Tom.

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/submission
1020f821-a3e8-4e70-af10-7c5033365095

Each business needs at least 250 votes to be considered to receive a $250,000 grant. The Program closes June 30, 2012 so share Mission: Small Business and encourage friends and customers to support the Program.

Linky no worky Tom. Plus it really helps to have business name and location. It's easier to find and it ensures we are voting for the right one.

Sent them an e mail about this. I am awaiting a response. Thanks and please check back if you cannot access this later after I get it fixed. I received an e mail that my application was submitted but it is not working for me either.

The link Stan posted takes you to the correct page. If you just put that link in your OP and include your business name and location we can "git r done"

Ive tried that and it is not working. I sent them an e mail. I'm not sure if they need to proof read my submission before it becomes active. I have not received any response from there

Home
Chase
Application Submitted

* Edit contact info
* View Application

Application status: Submitted
Consumer votes: 1 of 250

Submission deadline in:
Days9
Hours40
Minutes23
Seconds

1 consumers have voted for your business

Reach 250 votes, share now:
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
Media Kit

* getting started
* how to engage consumers
* social media assets
* print posters and flyers

* Owner first name

Thomas
* middle

* Owner Last Name

Monaco
* Business email address

[email protected]
* Business phone number

919-229-5692
* Business website

http://monacoinstallations.com/
* Facebook webpage address for your business
ex: http://facebook.com/pages/your-business

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monaco-Installations/172495862812635
* Business twitter handle

none
* State of certification/residence

NC
* Other DBA business names

Monaco installations and Repairs
* Type of business entity

sole_proprietor
* Number Of Employees

* Number of years in business

* Tell us about your business; how successful is it and why is it unique?

I started my business 8 years ago with $800.00 and a bag of tools after working for several years in this field for other contractors. I never thought I could get my own business started and after several yrs of installing and learning to repair all kitchen appliances, I took the challenge and opened my business. My field of work is very unique because I get the opportunity to provide a service that gives my customers the satisfaction of upgrading their homes and gives me the opportunity in knowing I had a little part in helping them accomplish this goal.

* How is your business involved with the community you serve?

I have given away many very good quality appliances to my church for distribution to needy families. I also have on several occasions, completed several installations for customers and provided extra service work for a reduced rate or for free. This can be verified through my extensive customer database. I also have given to local charities in my community when the opportunity presents itself Last year some members of my church and myself built a shed on a military members home. He was wounded in Iraq.

* What would a $250k grant mean to your business plan and how will you utilize the funds to ensure long-term growth and stability?

I would immediately hire another installer to help me with my workload and I would upgrade my vehicle and add on another truck or two to help me grow my business. At this time, I am basically limited in taking on more territory due to the budget of my business is used to both keep the business running and to take care of my wife who is disabled and is not working and 14 yr old daughter and two grandchildren I have custody of (long term) I really would love to expand my business.

* What types of challenges can you identify with your plan and how will you overcome them?

The biggest challenges to my business at this time are lack of additional personnel and the lack of another vehicle to be able to sustain hiring on another employee. I can overcome this very easily with a grant and grow my business to the point of possibly expanding my customer base beyond North Carolina by advertising and hiring outside my area. I have several contacts for contracts in this field who would award me a contract if I had the ability to cover a larger area.

* Describe the talent on your team and how they make your business successful.

I am a sole proprietor at this time but can easily train and invest my talent in hiring and training other techs if given the opportunity. I would seek out people like myself who are career oriented and focused on building their future, not just working another job.

* Additional relevant information you would like to share

I would like to help out the economy by building my small business up and actually hire people who are interested in a career in appliance installations and repairs. If I could have my ultimate dream come true as a business owner it would be for me to be able to get contracts across the country and franchise out areas to put people to work. The work is out there is you want it. Small Businesses are the engine that keeps America Strong!!!!

* Program Rules
* Privacy Policy
* Terms of Use
* FAQs
* Meet our Panelists
* Contact Us
* Home

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/submission
1020f821-a3e8-4e70-af10-7c5033365095

OK guys how is it that it works for you. I have done this voting thing for MRL and PSC with no problems.

There are currently no results that match your search. Check back soon to search and vote for businesses in your area. In the meantime, you can encourage your favorite business to apply by visiting www.missionsmallbusiness.com.

I just tried to vote for you and got an error message telling me to check back, as there were no applications on file for Monaco Installations in Willow Springs, North Carolina. I'll keep trying!

Don't feel bad Tom. The link for my website didn't work on my application either so it just says "Phoenix Specialty Coatings" there instead of PhoenixSpecialtyCoatings.com.

I'm really happy you reconsidered and decided to go for it too. :-D Best of luck!!

It is because the way he listed the name on the application. Search for Monaco and he will show up. It comes up as Thomas Monaco and not the business name so that is why you can't find it.

BTW, I voted.

It is because the way he listed the name on the application. Search for Monaco and he will show up. It comes up as Thomas Monaco and not the business name so that is why you can't find it.

BTW, I voted.

That was it it's under your name Tom not your business name.

I voted for you Tom. My vote brings the current vote count to 8. Keep trying all lets support all our FABO member businesses!!!
~Michael

Thanks for the votes and clarification on the link. I will post it up on my facebook. If I end up being blessed with enough votes to get a grant, I will offer up some positions here on A Bodies to set up someone with a truck, tools, and any training to get their own business started. I have enough contacts in the business now that I have been approached an opportunity to take on work in different areas but just do not have the capital to do this.

Remember when you vote if you have not voted for PSC and MRL Performance, please support these great businesses!!!! They are also trying to get one of the 12 Grants to be awarded!!! Thanks for your support everyone!!!!

-
Back