Please watch out for bicycles

-
On the note of riding against traffic 66Dvert. Its harder for the cars to see and react to that, at least that's my experience.

I see kid riding on sidewalks all the time who cant hold a straight line. One false move on there part and they could end up in front of you.

I am planning on opening a bicycle museum/learning center and hopefully can educate folks on the matter.

I can see it from you point of view about kids sortof, then again if they are that unstable they should NOT be in the roadway bike lane at all, once you are able to guide and ride your bike then you should venture out, yeah I've seen parents taking a bike outing and 2 or 3 little ones are ALL over the place. I just cringe thinking why are they not on a bike path/trail . but to me it's still the most dangerous thing to do (riding with traffic). Since your supposed( a pedestrian) to Walk against traffic and a bicyclist IS considered a pedestrian at least in Michigan it was in 2003, don't know about now since I don't go back except 3 times a year. I want to know what "You" (not you personally but as a driver. I trust me but I don't trust "you" the driver) are doing and I on a bike have a slightly better chance of getting out of your way than your big vehicle which should NOT be in the bike lane at all,but might be for some reason. this horrible thing that happened to your friend might not have happened or not as bad if He/they would have seen the driver coming at them. I know it's not gonna get the law changed. but I will take a ticket any day of the week before I go with the traffic, I feel safer that way since I learned that way as a kid. I never got hurt and did avoid several stupid or drunken drivers by riding against traffic riding home from school so I could see them. It just makes sense to me to see a driver/problem coming at me. but that's just my opinion and I really don't plan on riding a bike again unless the wife forces me to and it'll be on bike trails only. Way too much stupid stuff going on for me to ride the streets again.

Aw, man. That sucks. I've been seeing that on the news the past few days.

I grew up in Ohio, and everyone rode bikes on the sidewalk.

Riding in the street was OK, but if a sidewalk was available, that's where you rode, ESPECIALLY if motor vehicle traffic was present.

I just don't get the attitude down here. People are literally aghast when I mention riding a bike on the sidewalk, like- "how DARE you even propose that?"

What gives?

Aw, man. That sucks. I've been seeing that on the news the past few days.

I grew up in Ohio, and everyone rode bikes on the sidewalk.

Riding in the street was OK, but if a sidewalk was available, that's where you rode, ESPECIALLY if motor vehicle traffic was present.

I just don't get the attitude down here. People are literally aghast when I mention riding a bike on the sidewalk, like- "how DARE you even propose that?"

What gives?

I do that sometimes. Back in the 90's I used to commute to work and it was just quicker going with traffic. Where these guys were run down is a pretty busy road but not at 6 am.

And you were correct Robert. He is planning his BS defense with the black out to avoid DUI charges. This guy SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it from you point of view about kids sortof, then again if they are that unstable they should NOT be in the roadway bike lane at all, once you are able to guide and ride your bike then you should venture out, yeah I've seen parents taking a bike outing and 2 or 3 little ones are ALL over the place. I just cringe thinking why are they not on a bike path/trail . but to me it's still the most dangerous thing to do (riding with traffic). Since your supposed( a pedestrian) to Walk against traffic and a bicyclist IS considered a pedestrian at least in Michigan it was in 2003, don't know about now since I don't go back except 3 times a year. I want to know what "You" (not you personally but as a driver. I trust me but I don't trust "you" the driver) are doing and I on a bike have a slightly better chance of getting out of your way than your big vehicle which should NOT be in the bike lane at all,but might be for some reason. this horrible thing that happened to your friend might not have happened or not as bad if He/they would have seen the driver coming at them. I know it's not gonna get the law changed. but I will take a ticket any day of the week before I go with the traffic, I feel safer that way since I learned that way as a kid. I never got hurt and did avoid several stupid or drunken drivers by riding against traffic riding home from school so I could see them. It just makes sense to me to see a driver/problem coming at me. but that's just my opinion and I really don't plan on riding a bike again unless the wife forces me to and it'll be on bike trails only. Way too much stupid stuff going on for me to ride the streets again.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree with you. You need to be in your comfort zone while out there.

For year here the police didn't know what the law was and would tell you to get on the sidewalk. That's when the law was you couldn't. Now we can ride either but pedestrians always have the right of way.

Check out this guys truck. They just showed this on the news. I am sick right now knowing how this possibly happened. They probably went up over the hood and were critically injured upon impact with his truck. It would explain the damage to the bike.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2013/9/3/bicyclist_dies_as_a_.html

Figured from the earlier article of the windshield missing they probably were tossed over the hood.

Funny, though, how he blacked out, yet the windshield is missing. Urethaned in glass doesn't just disappear, no matter how hard it's hit. Especially laminate. The rest had to be broken out and made to disappear. That right there blows his black out defense straight to hell.

-
Back