Poll: The Wife, or the car???

The Wife or the Car? Which One would you keep?

• Keep the Wife?

Votes: 76 52.1%
  • Keep the Car?

Votes: 70 47.9%

• Total voters
-
Never been married.
Never been in a relationship longer than a few months.
Never met a woman I could stand to be around more than a few days.
Never met a woman who had any respect for any of my stuff. They were always breaking, losing or stealing my stuff.
Never met a woman who was interested the same things as I am.

I am very happy being single/alone. Sure it would be great to find a "woman of my dreams", but at 43, I'm kinda set in my ways. I'm not selfish, far from it. Just quit trying to change me. I'm not getting a hair cut or shaving. I'm not selling my cars and tools to buy you stuff. I'll come and go as I please - I don't need anyone's permission to go out with my friends.

There may be someone out there for everyone...... but at this stage of my life I'm not looking and I don't care. I've got enough "bed buddies" that I'm not lacking in that department. Sometimes 3 or more broads (they sure as hell ain't ladies) in the same day. Hell, I'd like to get rid of all those girls too and have told them so. They just won't leave me alone. And if I want someone new, there's always the local "cougar" bar.

And anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not attached to my Demon - not at all. I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a '70 Charger, '70 Challenger or '71 'Cuda.

Now if I meet a woman with a real job, a body like a **** star, brains, and who owns a real HEMI car and knows how to work on it...... THAT would be THE game changer!

Wylde1 (I'm not jaded).

If the law came to my house and said it's your wife or your car Victoria would have to go...:-D Oop's I named my 66 Valiant Victoria !
Know!! if for no reason my wife said it's me or the car or she would leave 8)
I would open the door with a big smile and know that she did not love me anyway 8)
If she let's a material thing get between my love for her and her love for me..
After 30 years reality is easy :-D

I just showed this to my wife and she agree's :cheers:
She said she could not put up with a selfish air head ether :-D

I don't have to worry about this proble, my wife LOVES the Dart! But if I did have to choose, the car would just have to go!

19Dart66
Have had it since 1981. Got it with 1241 miles on it. Now has 9k.
Never seen rain and never left outside for more than 8 hours. It has been 3 years since I last drove it but I do run it every couple of months.

And I told my son that the coffin will be big enuff for the 4 bikes plus the Dart. And possibly the Mustang and Dakota R/T.

When I got them both, they were both shiny and new, smooth, fast, curves, and they both smelled great. But now after 30 years only one is shiny, smooth, fast and still have curves. I don't think $10,000 is going to make the other one look like it did 30 years ago. Hard thing to ask!

I'd push the cuda off of a cliff in a heartbeat if it meant I was going to lose my bride by keeping the car.

was never said the wife was making you choose.

That's the way I saw it, too. I didn't read anything in the question about the wife telling you to chose.

That being said: my wife is telling me to budget to build my projects. She's tired of seeing them sit around not being worked on. As a matter of fact she's asking me to make sure the '69 stays auto (the rest are stick) so she can drive it, too.

The wife would stay. She stuck by me for over 30 years of thick and thin. I lost a high paying job at 55 due to back injury. She got a job and got the benifits we need to keep going. I was going to sell the Duster but she didn't want me to let it go. She is a keeper and good lookin too.

After 3 years of marriage, one of the reasons my wife left me was b/c of my 73 Duster. Now, a year later after divorce, the car doesnt have the enjoyment it did prior to divorce. That's why I am selling it and I will find another car that wont remind me of her.

Fortunatly the wife loves the Dart as much as me. We had our first date in it and there are lots of great memories tied to it. She wont even consider finding a better body to start with,lol. I think it would take a desparate situation for her to say it has to go. Thank God,because it would break my heart. I've hung in there for 15 years waiting till we had the cash to restore it. But without my wife I'd be lost like the puppy I am,lol...so the car goes before her unless she comitted the unthinkable...

not being married but just going through a nasty break up I say keep the car, it won't do bad things to you.

Been there, done that. Never again would i be controlled in that way. I kept the car and never looked back.
My new wife understands my passion for cars and we have an agreement to never to bring me/us to that unfair decision. She has her passions, and i have mine. We will never cross that line with each other. If it's a matter of keeping the house or paying bills or even selling off possesions due to sickness that's another story.
The answer is NO, NEVER. And for her passions, NO, NEVER.
If it was yes, it would be the beginning of the end. So you might as well cut it off, separate, divorce....whatever, and get on with it. As someone else said, there are plenty of fish in the sea.
Just my 2 centavos.
Tom.

I would definitly keep my wife but my wife on the other hand.... she might keep the car.

I have been married to the same one for 46 years and would not trade her for anything. All I do is fix cars and I hate yard work that is why I keep her

Seems the single guys and the disgruntled divorced guys say,keep the car..the happily married guys say keep the wife..interesting:-D:-D

-
Back