Poly question?!?!

-

Firemybird

Firemybird
Reaction score
I know this isn't a A-body question but i have a 66' D-100 that i need to get running and i'm sick of the 3-on-the-tree (always binding and sticking)......

It has a 318 poly and i was wondering if a 727 or a 904 would bolt up to her or would i need some kind of adapter?? thanks!

There are in's and out's to the older poly engines and tranny's bolting up, but *I do think it will* without any problems.

I'd stand by for some of the been there done that crew.

Any smallblock tranny will bolt to a poly with one little glitch. The crank flange on a poly is 3/4" farther from the block face than an LA. You will have to run a spacer between the block and the tranny to make this up. Look for an early hemi to smallblock auto adapter. Wilcap might be a good place to try.

I have a poly engine and the automatic that was behind it in my garage if you need any measurements. Of course the only newer automatic I have is in my car.

Thanks for all the help, i'll look into that adapter....

My truck is at my mothers house (where it's been sitting since 99') and the city is yet again threating to crush it, of course at my expense......

I really need to get that thing going but i have no where to do it (Sigh)....
I NEED A GARAGE BAD!!!!!!!

If you weren't on the other side of the known universe, you could sell me your truck and solve your problem. I could use your truck but I would really rather have a slant. Hope you get it going.

I had a 65 Coronet 440 convert with the original 318 Poly and dual cable 727) in it. When the original transmission gave out, I used an early 70's 727LA, converted the steering column to a 66-up linkage and drove the heck out of it. As far as I know the 62 or 63 and up polys didn't have the extended crank flange making a late 727/904 change much easier. There is a 318 poly group over at Yahoo for more info.

If you weren't on the other side of the known universe, you could sell me your truck and solve your problem. I could use your truck but I would really rather have a slant. Hope you get it going.

Sorry, but i'd never sell my baby :sign10: !!!

She mean's to much to me, it's also a short bed 1/2 ton :-D.......

Gotta love those sweptlines!!!!!!!!!!

thats correct only the early polys have the extended crank shaft,,just like all the early HEMIS,,,

-
Back