Polyurethane LCA bushing ? ( UTG VIDEO)

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
UTG video today hes changing LCA bushing ,and he said he found a poly bushing that you install but leave the metal shell in there and put in a polyurethane bushing, Anyone ever hear of this type before? or is he blowin smoke again

UTG video today hes changing LCA bushing ,and he said he found a poly bushing that you install but leave the metal shell in there and put in a polyurethane bushing, Anyone ever hear of this type before? or is he blowin smoke again
Nope, that's actually very common.

Any one know of a supplier of those type of poly bushing? thanks

Any one know of a supplier of those type of poly bushing? thanks
Purt near all of um. In fact, the only bushings I know of that do not use the shells at all are those from @BergmanAutoCraft. The Delrin bushings. Other than that, I've not seen any other poly bushings that do not reuse at least the outer shell. I ain't seen it all by a long shot, though.

Purt near all of um. In fact, the only bushings I know of that do not use the shells at all are those from @BergmanAutoCraft. The Delrin bushings. Other than that, I've not seen any other poly bushings that do not reuse at least the outer shell. I ain't seen it all by a long shot, though.

This Proforged version comes with its own outer shell, it wouldn’t re-use the original outer shell

1974 PLYMOUTH DUSTER Proforged Chassis Parts 115-10034 Proforged Control Arm Bushings | Summit Racing

Unfortunately UTG will probably botch the install and we’ll have to see more people that haven’t the foggiest idea what they’re talking about say that poly doesn’t work because they don’t understand basic concepts.

I’ve used the plain old $10 prothane bushings with great success, but unlike what some will say you can’t just “slap them in there”.

The poly bushing has to fit tightly into the old shell, which isn’t always the case because of the original tolerances. You need to lubricate the bushing really well, because unlike the original bushings the poly bushing will spin on the LCA pivot shaft. So it has to be well lubricated. The pivot shaft must also fit tightly into the poly bushing, but again this reuses the inner shell pressed on the pivot (if you use the original pivot), and the tolerance matters. If the bushing is loose in the shell or on the pivot, it won’t work well. If you don’t lube the bushing, you’ll get squeaking and the friction will wear out the bushing.

I use aftermarket greasable LCA pivots and adjustable strut rods when I use poly or Delrin LCA bushings, and make sure all the fits are a tight slip fit. Do that and they’ll last forever.

I know it's more costly, but the LCA takes a large load. Our delrin bushing doesn't need any shells when used with our pins, and is a superior material to the urethane offerings.

Delrin is quiet, stiff and longer lasting.

Bergmanautocraft.com

I know it's more costly, but the LCA takes a large load. Our delrin bushing doesn't need any shells when used with our pins, and is a superior material to the urethane offerings.

Delrin is quiet, stiff and longer lasting.

Bergmanautocraft.com
Yup and that's still what I am going to use......if I ever get the dough saved up. It's a *****.

I fail to see why this particular thread was even started, nor why UTG was even mentioned, when a very simple google search would have given you what you needed.

If you were really interested in bushings rather than bashing, it's a simple question that required zero drama and feeding of the UTG haters of which there are many.

Not **** stirring needed.

Just my observation/opinion.

I fail to see why this particular thread was even started, nor why UTG was even mentioned, when a very simple google search would have given you what you needed.

If you were really interested in bushings rather than bashing, it's a simple question that required zero drama and feeding of the UTG haters of which there are many.

Not **** stirring needed.

Just my observation/opinion.

I mean, it could be as simple as the OP didn’t know, saw the UTG video and asked? Doesn’t have to be a conspiracy.

How many posts on this board can be answered by the FSM? Or by a search on YouTube?

But then again, how much absolute terrible, wrong, and misleading information is on UTG’s YouTube alone? I’ll answer, it’s a lot. He’s completely wrong about a lot.

But he’s been more about clicks, views and money than about good information for a long time now.

Yup, I get that, and the question could have been...

"Hey, I heard this, is it true?"

Simple and to the point.

But, it was not.

There seems to be a whole lot of folks around here who seem to hang on UT's every word so they can come here and bash. I don't care about UTG one way or the other, but I find it pathetic how many people get their feathers ruffled about a guy who they claim to not care about... Seems they care a whole lot.. piston envy maybe.. I dunno...

Simple and to the point.

But, it was not.

There seems to be a whole lot of folks around here who seem to hang on UT's every word so they can come here and bash. I don't care about UTG one way or the other, but I find it pathetic how many people get their feathers ruffled about a guy who they claim to not care about... Seems they care a whole lot.. piston envy maybe.. I dunno...

I'd agree with you but the sad/concerning part is he's getting more popular as time goes on and more people who don't know better are following his advice. A year or 2 ago I was thinking the same as you but now... not so much. He's like the Scotty Kilmer of hot-rodding, mixing good information with bad and you don't know which is which unless you already know.

If the source of one's misinformation isn't identified then it's easier for others to be misled as well.

I'd agree with you but the sad/concerning part is he's getting more popular as time goes on and more people who don't know better are following his advice. A year or 2 ago I was thinking the same as you but now... not so much. He's like the Scotty Kilmer of hot-rodding, mixing good information with bad and you don't know which is which unless you already know.

If the source of one's misinformation isn't identified then it's easier for others to be misled as well.
Maybe so, but in this particular case, it was not so.

I stand by my statement. If was found to be garbage advice, THEN call him out...

Why does it take UTg to tell you what energys website and instructions have said to do for decades?
My advice is ...STOP TURNING TO YOUTUBE FAKESTERS FOR INFORMATION.
They are nothing but copycats and fraudsters. Period.

Simple and to the point.

But, it was not.

there's an audience for everyone and they do say most people are stupid, look how many viewers "Friends" had for instance or even Roseanne .
In the end if they follow his advice.. they'll end up like those little oysters and the chef who didn't get any to eat...
..So when all those used car salesman team up to form a 'stealership'.. you can kiss all of the other people's information goodbye and good luck finding it as well...its buried. For instance ..Search Mopar head porting on YouTube / Google.
Like a McDonald's on every corner, same 3 people.

-
Back