Pop Quiz!

-

340butterduster

no title
Reaction score
I've been wondering... Why is it, that out of nearly 10,000 members, I would say only about 2% use the "Chat" forum.

It's a great place to get to get one on one and meet people, as well as getting answers to questions.

What's up with that, why is it that members shy away from this forum?

My reason is it is hard for me to read and under stand and keep up.
But I have been there a few time and was fun and made me happy :D.
But it gives me a head ache :sad11:

When I first went to the chat room :( and :???:

Now, I feel I have made a few friends......:rolleyes:

Very friendly group as FABO members are always, just jump in and say hello

When I first went to the chat room :( and :???:

Now, I feel I have made a few friends......:rolleyes:

Very friendly group as FABO members are always, just jump in and say hello

Exactly what I felt like, and I'm sure many others, but once you've got through that initial step... It's nice to relate to people I personally refer to as friends, as we do have alot in common.

I jumped in and said hello and enjoyed it more this time, Thank you pete!!

I,ve tried the Chat room a couple times,I,m just not that quick of typer to keep up with??,s.Man,some guys type so fast!!I think the chat room is good for 1 on 1 conversations.It,s very fast!Hey 340Butterduster,it would be good for conference talk about Moparfest!

I have never been there so I don't really know anything about it. What hours does it operate? For me, it seems like it would be a time commitment. To set aside x amount of time to participate. The forums, though, I can log in - hit new posts and cruise through to look at anything new that can benefit me or that I can contribute and then go about my business. Rarely do I spend more that 15-20 minutes at a time logged in...
C

I have been in there a few times. But I am not much of one for the small talk and just sit here reading what every one else is talking about. Then I fell like I am spying on the ther people and being noise or some thing like that. The chat room is cool just not for me though.

i dont want to go in a room with a bunch of guys i dont knoe lol

I just logged into the chat room; nobody there but me...

I guess nobody wants to sit around in there waiting for somebody to talk to.

Is there a scheduled "chat" meeting at any time? I'd come to that if I can remember when it is....

The reason why I don't chat in the chat room. I have found some of the people here have very different values than I do. So I choose to just ask , answer and talk morpars.

So... it appears to be that in general, there is nobody else in the "Chat" or the "uni-finger" Syndrome are the main reasons. Then why not leave the Chat open while you're surfin the rest of the forum, the chances of somedy else checking in will be more likely.

As far as "Uni-finger", I'm one of them also. I must admit I'm getting much better, now using two fingers, one in each hand, I am now Ambidextrous, thanx to chat. And can type about 60 letters/min.

It's a great forum to meet good people, and get immediate responses to comments, concerns, questions, etc...

-
Back