Port-o-sonic or Holley Street Dominator?

-
You shouldn’t need custom fuel rails, edde sells a fuel rail kit for their LA super victor efi manifold that will work for whatever manifold you decide on.

You shouldn’t need custom fuel rails, edde sells a fuel rail kit for their LA super victor efi manifold that will work for whatever manifold you decide on.
I’ve got a kegger intake in storage along with the factory fuel rails. I’m hoping to be able to use those to avoid buying new ones.

I’ve got a kegger intake in storage along with the factory fuel rails. I’m hoping to be able to use those to avoid buying new ones.
The nice thing about the factory rails is that you’ll be able to use the injector retention clips at the top. If you need another set, let me know. You can have the ones I took off my engine.

Good move going with a single-plane for EFI, dual-planes give you no benefit unless you're running a carb or arguably TBI.

Sounds like you've been there!

Wow, both intakes are not to good for the build. The cam is way small for what I’d run the Offy, given the choice.

Holley did t make a “Street Master” but Edelbrock did.
Holley made the “Street Dominator.” Which I’m not really fond of.
Edelbrock Streemaster ? Great intake for torque, all done by 4500 rpm

Edelbrock Streemaster ? Great intake for torque, all done by 4500 rpm
A Complete garbage intake, use as a door stop, show to a class on a “What not to do!” Great for jokes at the camp fireside story time, camp fire fodder, best used as spare change when properly thrown the scrape pile.

At best! Save for patch work on other aluminum items?

A Complete garbage intake, use as a door stop, show to a class on a “What not to do!” Great for jokes at the camp fireside story time, camp fire fodder, best used as spare change when properly thrown the scrape pile.

At best! Save for patch work on other aluminum items?
So let’s flip the table here for a second and ask “which intake is worse” instead of “which intake is better”…
Street master or the original Torker?

:lol:

So let’s flip the table here for a second and ask “which intake is worse” instead of “which intake is better”…
Street master or the original Torker?

:lol:
I think they are equal turds.

Equal turds- ummmm, yep! I don’t like ether intake.
A lot of people crap on the TorkerII 360. I give it this, way to much plenum. If you can deal with that, it’s not a bad intake. I just don’t see paying a lot for it. I’ve had one. Actually it is the first intake I ever purchased. Once I got enough pump shot in it, it was fine for me. With that intake, even though it’s says 2500-6500, it’s better at 3K plus. Ignore the lower end, build a beast with it. Damn the mileage, full throttle ahead!

MI
Equal turds- ummmm, yep! I don’t like ether intake.
A lot of people crap on the TorkerII 360. I give it this, way to much plenum. If you can deal with that, it’s not a bad intake. I just don’t see paying a lot for it. I’ve had one. Actually it is the first intake I ever purchased. Once I got enough pump shot in it, it was fine for me. With that intake, even though it’s says 2500-6500, it’s better at 3K plus. Ignore the lower end, build a beast with it. Damn the mileage, full throttle ahead!
Just Spin it on up there! YeeeHaww

I give it this, way to much plenum.

When they did research on plenum sizes to dampen reversion they found that the ideal size was 8 x 1 cylinder volume.

Its some where in the "scientific design of exhaust and intake systems. By Philip H Smith and John C Morrison.

Look at the difference between what could be considered the smallest shittest single plane to the best dual plane currently on the market.

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/...formance_parts_install.jpg?fit=around|875:492

The irony is at maximum airflow demand @ 5600 RPM there's only 17 HP between them.

The StreetMaster, like any well designed intake manifold, is a good manifold when used what it was designed for. As I recall, it came out in the 1970s in response to the oil crisis/crunch when everybody was suddenly thinking about economy....not performance.
It's power range was 0-4500 rpm.

When they did research on plenum sizes to dampen reversion they found that the ideal size was 8 x 1 cylinder volume.

Its some where in the "scientific design of exhaust and intake systems. By Philip H Smith and John C Morrison.
I have the book. :thumbsup:

-
Back