Post your favorite car photo and tell us why

-
Is that a triple black GTX? Could be an undertakers personal car. You never know, I have an undertaker friend who has a 66 mustang with a built 351. :)

No, it’s not. It was originally white, and it has a copper interior. It was painted black sometime early in its life, and repainted by me in 1997. It has since gone on to a new home about 2 years ago.

My first Mopar. I traded in Mom and Dad's '64 Chevelle 2-door wagon and bought this new, '71 Dodge Demon 340. Gabriel Hi-Jackers, Craig PowerPlay, Deep Purple, Machinehead... This pic was taken just 2 days before I started my adventure at MCRD, Parris Island, S.C.
This fella bought the car from me, and later traded it for a '75 AMC Gremlin...

FB_IMG_1564748468450_67307729777088.jpg

Last edited:
Over the years I've hundreds of photos from my cars, but these two are kind of special, because it is the comparison of European and US cars of the same year:

i36140-jpg.jpg

img_9030-jpg.jpg

...and this was done by an professional photographer when I'm waiting for a run at Marl Airport (1/4 mile event at Mopar Nationals Germany):

moparnationals_herten2015-30.JPG

For 6 hours I listened to his Mustang bullsh*t in the pits. Just so happened we met in the 3rd round. I continued to the 4th round, he put his on the trailer and went home. A real good friend got the picture.
20150809_112038.jpeg

In 1992 I was driving around Gillam Manitoba in this purple junker...25 years later I took it to Drag Week...this is my favourite picture of the car at the event because you can see the Arch of St.Louis over the hood in the background...at the time I remembered thinking what the hell I’m I doing this far from home in that piece of ****...

C237BB41-5604-42A5-821C-A498412FC5EF.jpeg

Greatest Drag racer of all time. The car goes in the Smithsonian. Good looking kid in the hot seat

smithsonian.jpg

Scan of a photo that my sister took in September 1989.....her and my gf at the time (now wife) came along for the ride. Nobody was expecting this.....a full 1/4 mile burnout. Won the trophy, and it's still talked about to this day. :lol:

upload_2021-9-18_11-52-49.png

A good friend of mine also happened to capture it on video...quite rare in those days....
(skip to 15 seconds....)

:D

Maybe my new favorite. Got the Barracuda finished on my 57th birthday on Friday. Took my Lady out to dinner and snapped a few pictures before we went inside.

IMG_1505.JPG

Last edited:
This is probably my favorite. This was the beginning of my addiction, this was taken on my 16th birthday I had gotten the dart a few months prior and dug into it instantly. Looking back now I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I sure had alot of fun doing it! The car needed alot of work (for a 15/16 yo) I replaced all the brakes, the leaf springs, the radiator, the idler arm, all the tie rods. And i cut out the rust and patched the lower quarters, you can see my bondo job in the picture! This picture was taken right after all that work was done (it took a few months) and I was proud of that car and work id done. I still to this day get that pride of accomplishment whenever I finish a big job!

20180829_104649.jpg

No question about what gave me the ****** shot.... 72 TX9 car. It was the son of our neighbor when we lived in a different city. Circa. 1982 my Dad ended up with it and this was the only picture of it and it was taken on the day he sold it....

I was sick to my stomach when the new owner took it away and oddly enough it came back into my possession around 1987. And then bam it was done. In today's world it would have gotten fixed but that was then and this is now.....

JW

duster with trophys.jpg

slopar wrecked.jpg

My favourite because it was the first road trip the wife and I took after building the car. Travelled from southern Alberta to northern Montana to Idaho to Washington and back through southern British Colombia and back to Alberta. 3100 miles trouble free. The pic was taken on the Highway to the sun in Montana.

IMG_20150614_153033448_HDR.jpg

-
Back