Power limits of stock 360 block and crank.

-
Sounds like since you like 360's better, you should build the 360 and sell the 340 block to help fund the build.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not arguing that the 360 is a better or more durable engine than a 340, I'm saying that I like 360s better. If 340 cores were cheap and easy to find then I would likely go that route. Also realize that with the heads I'm talking about using I probably will not exceed the power limits of the 360. I can get Magnum 360s for dirt and LA 360 for dirt plus a dime so that's another factor.

I think maybe you missed his point , he was steering you to the thread that covers this topic in great detail from all angles and every opinion . This is one of the most asked questions on this board and it has been answered every other month since the beginning of FABO so now most guys simply direct those that won't use the search function to the thread that covers the topic best .O:)

Seems like there were quality issues with the cast cranks a few years ago. I have a forged Eagle crank and haven't had any issues. It did take a bit of heavy metal to get it balanced properly, though. Seems like the heavy metal doubled the price of the balancing.
Oh I see. Yup Mallory metal is not cheap. Is your crank stock stroke or a stroker? If I do build this engine I will be using light pistons and rods no heavier than they need to be so I think I won't need any heavy metal to intarnally balance it.

I think maybe you missed his point , he was steering you to the thread that covers this topic in great detail from all angles and every opinion . This is one of the most asked questions on this board and it has been answered every other month since the beginning of FABO so now most guys simply direct those that won't use the search function to the thread that covers the topic best .O:)

Got it thanks.

Oh I see. Yup Mallory metal is not cheap. Is your crank stock stroke or a stroker? If I do build this engine I will be using light pistons and rods no heavier than they need to be so I think I won't need any heavy metal to intarnally balance it.

It's a stroker crank.

What's the issue with Eagle crankshafts?

If you believe the pictures on the internet, they tend to break more often than maybe they should. YMMV

Running a Mag 360 and stock crank, when I put the KB 107 pistons in the mallory was like $250 for the stock crank, this was external balance.

-
Back