Power steering hard line

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a pinhole leak in this line

20160805_074403.jpg

It goes from the back of the pump to the rubber line connected to the steering box.

Does anyone know where I can get one?

1968 Barracuda 319

That pinhole leak is a mess under pressure!

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited:
A halfway decent torch guy could fix that really easy.
Otherwise you might consider replacing it with a one piece.
Which pump will make the difference, but the lines are pretty easy to find and are not rare so Napa would be a good source to try.

A halfway decent torch guy could fix that really easy.
Otherwise you might consider replacing it with a one piece.
Which pump will make the difference, but the lines are pretty easy to find and are not rare so Napa would be a good source to try.
Really....NAPA?

Ok...I'll try them.....I didn't think they were that common. ..

Thanks

Jeff

Pressure line probably a 5/8-18 inverted flare fitting ??????? I'm in the process of changing over to all rubber hydraulic hose using what the automotive world calls AN the industrial world calls it JIC you can buy an adapter from Summit to do this and use what's called -6 on the other end being for 3/8 hose then use what ever crimp on fitting required

I hate all the little set-backs!!!!!!

Jeff
You'll get through them..... :) I fix my power steering issues by going to manual on my cars... :D With the right tires on the front, it's amazing how easy the manual steering turns. And the 40 lbs saved. And the room around the exhaust/column. And one less belt. And...... NO LEAKS :poke:
sorry Jeff... had too

just do your homework so you don't buy bad... size of the ends and comparisons.

You'll get through them..... :) I fix my power steering issues by going to manual on my cars... :D With the right tires on the front, it's amazing how easy the manual steering turns. And the 40 lbs saved. And the room around the exhaust/column. And one less belt. And...... NO LEAKS :poke:
sorry Jeff... had too

LOL.....I'll keep my power steering any day!

Part ordered...it should be here by next Friday. ....
oh well. ...I have other stuff to finish up. ......

Jeff

You could have made one and been back on the road the same day. Glad you found the replacement though.

You could have made one and been back on the road the same day. Glad you found the replacement though.
Back on the road??? Same day???? Geeepers Creeepers....... it hasn't been on the road since 1998, C'mon Jeff!!!! lol..... :D

Back on the road??? Same day???? Geeepers Creeepers....... it hasn't been on the road since 1998, C'mon Jeff!!!! lol..... :D

Well then to quote Hitlery, "what difference does it make?"

Actually he's right. :D
You can even cut the metal ends off and have a hydraulic hose shop crimp new hose on it.

I WAS going to suggest just using the part number and find the hose (what I do) because usually if it's on Ebay it's because someone has a markup on it.
But, it's ordered so at least there is a step in the right direction. :D

Lol....1998......it's been down 9 months....!

And I've been busy fishing and playing guitar!

She'll be back on the road real soon now!

Jeff

I'd go insane if my car was down for 9 mo. and there ain't enough fish or guitar that would make up for it.
You'd see it on the news, "Man holding woman's brat over edge of the Grand Canyon" say's "My car has been down for a month!" and "I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to your little brat whine about popcorn!"
"POPCORN?, POPCORN?, AHHHHHHHHHH!

And this just from even considering it. :D

I'd go insane if my car was down for 9 mo. and there ain't enough fish or guitar that would make up for it.
You'd see it on the news, "Man holding woman's brat over edge of the Grand Canyon" say's "My car has been down for a month!" and "I'll be damned if I'm going to listen to your little brat whine about popcorn!"
"POPCORN?, POPCORN?, AHHHHHHHHHH!
Ya...in all reality I can't stand it!
But it won't be long now!

Jeff

sorry Jeff... had too
What are the right tires? Right now, (half way through the conversion to manual) I still have my power steering box, but no pump. I have to muscle the **** out of it in the parking lot, so no coffee at low speeds.

What are the right tires? Right now, (half way through the conversion to manual) I still have my power steering box, but no pump. I have to muscle the **** out of it in the parking lot, so no coffee at low speeds.
Ummmmm.... if you still have the power steering box, no tires will get ya out of that hard steering, it will be a bear to turn. you have to have the manual steering box installed.

Ummmmm.... if you still have the power steering box, no tires will get ya out of that hard steering, it will be a bear to turn. you have to have the manual steering box installed.
I have the manual box, which I want to rebuild first. Then just need to order the other stuff to extend the steering column and correct pitman arm.

-
Back