Prayers Needed Cancer scare at home

-
My sister works in cancer research, and is a three time survivor. There are very bright people working very hard everyday to understand and beat this scourge. Ask questions. Follow their advice. They make new discoveries everyday. Gather your friends and family (they can help with your spirit and attitude) Find a local cancer support group if you can if that's were this leads. They can be very helpful since they've "been there-done that"

Don't Quit!!

My sister works in cancer research, and is a three time survivor. There are very bright people working very hard everyday to understand and beat this scourge. Ask questions. Follow their advice. They make new discoveries everyday. Gather your friends and family (they can help with your spirit and attitude) Find a local cancer support group if you can if that's were this leads. They can be very helpful since they've "been there-done that"

Don't Quit!!

I agree with this! Hope the biopsy went OK!

The first thing I check for when I come into the boards is prayer requests and when I opened up a PM from Bill this morning asking me to come directly here, well, that pretty much told me that it was urgent.

Heavenly Father, we lift this man and his family to you in prayer. The times before him and his family are uncertain and he comes to You, seeking guidance and wisdom. We ask that you be with his wife, Father. Be with her in healing and in Spirit. Comfort her, surround her with Your love, and help her maintain a positive, peaceful attitude.

We ask that you be with this man who comes before You in prayer, asking us to do the same. You have placed on him the role of father and husband, a role of strength and leadership. We ask that You place Your Spirit on him, Father, lend him Your stength, and guide him with Your leadership.

We ask that you be with the doctors and the medical professionals, so that they may be working with sure, swift hands, to put this time of uncertainty to rest, quickly and with resolve.

We ask this in Jesus' name.

Amen.

johnparts, keep us updated and let us know just as soon as you can what the doctors have to say, please. In the meantime we'll keep praying.

Robert

I need not try to pray it better myself..........Amen

As for what to DO to help her, just stay in constant prayer, and HOLD her...hold her in your heart, hold her in your mind, and physically HOLD her. Comfort her. You won't need many words......Just support, warmth, and comfort as she goes through the uncertainties and worries.

Nothing yet guys she went in for the biopsy and I guess she was ovulating so they couldn't do the test but she is rescheduled for monday the 8th

My prayers are with you as well.
I survived cancer in 06'. My wife was very supportive of me, even though she was scared to pieces (did I mention we had only been married, oh, a bit less than 6 months) when we found out.
One of the places that really helped us out with information was the American Cancer Society (ACS). Thier # is 1-800-ACS-2645, they will be more than happy to send you the lastest information out there.
You really find out which friends love you during a time like this as well. I had friends that I thought at the time were just acquaintance's, turned out that they were the one's that really cared.
One of the reasons that I really enjoy this site is the fact that the people on here (for the most part) really do care when something happens to a member.
God has really blessed me with a clean bill of health (by his stripes we are healed) and an improved relationship with my saviour! We will keep your family in our prayers!

Nothing yet guys she went in for the biopsy and I guess she was ovulating so they couldn't do the test but she is rescheduled for monday the 8th

We pray for confidence, strength and most of all a miriacle.
May you have more comfort, peace and love in your home.
We ask this in your awesome name. JESUS.
AMEN

You and your family are in my prayers. Hope thing go great for you.

Update we got the results of her biopsy yesterday afternoon and she is cancer free. It's such a relief to know she is ok and that our son will have his mommy around for a while. She still needs to go back in every few months to get checked up on but the doctors said she dodged the bullet.

Hey that's great news!!! :cheers:

But do remember that even if you do get cancer it isn't an automatic death sentance, many cancers can be beaten, it isn't a lot of fun doing it but it beats the alternative.

Update we got the results of her biopsy yesterday afternoon and she is cancer free. It's such a relief to know she is ok and that our son will have his mommy around for a while. She still needs to go back in every few months to get checked up on but the doctors said she dodged the bullet.

:cheers: Great news! Fantastic news! What a relief!

Excellent! I just saw this post and am so glad that it has a happy ending. I wish you, your wife and your new baby many, many happy years together. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Above all, you did the right thing in asking for prayer. That just shows that you know which side your bread is buttered on. Super glad for you and the family.
Small Block

-
Back