price for a 1968 post dodge dart

-

Andre68

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but i felt it was somewhat appropriate. So I have a 68 post dodge dart that I kinda just finished turning into a daily driver. Due to life events the wife has decided that she wants me to sell it.

So I took it to my local good guys show and put it up for $6,500 OBO. It gas a 1970 la block 318, edelbrock intake and carb, hedman headers going out to glasspaks. It gas an A883 4 speed with hurst shifter, 8 1/4 rear with 3.55 sure grip. The front end is out of a 73 duster, so thats the linkage, disc brakes, manual steering box and column, k member. All suspension was rebuilt using PST and moog parts.

I recently painted the car TCP Dove grey, with a flat black hood with hemi scoop and a flat black rear stripe. The car has the typical fresh paint orange peel, I didnt have the time to color sand and buff before the show.

I did the best I could with the interior, it has some bucket seats in it from another car, and a new headliner, it needs a little bit of love but I just kinda lost my funds to continue. Rear bumper is dented but original, the hood molding I also have but it was dented a bit and didnt want to out it back on, i hear you can get trim repaired, the front windshield molding i was given with the car is for a 2 door hardtop, but I guess it can easily be swaped out for the post car. it has 15x7 indy mag wheels with some fresh wheels. All rust was cut out and fixed.

Body work is not the best. It was my first time doing body work and all that,,
So its not exactly razor straight.

Car runs and drives great, engine sounds good. Dash doesnt seem to work but it will light up, I installed a temp gauge and tach. All exterior electrical works great.

I was asking $6,500 OBO and I got offered $4,500 by someone I know. Says its too rough for anything more than that, hes mainly just giving me $4,500 because thats how much I have into it.

What do you guys think? Take it? Or what should I ask for?

Attachments

• 1504107_706023646114942_1148425541_n.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 300
  • 10177325_705769946140312_187248255_n.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 315
It's a modified car which means collector guides are not a good indicator of value of this car. The $4500 offer seems alright for freshly out of shop. The longer it sits, the less it's worth.

How long do you want to sit on the car?

Your description seems honest & you've highlighted some issues.

If you can break even & make the wife happy in the same transaction-- not sure what the problem is..

$4500 is not chump change.

so do you want to turn down $$ in hand to hopefully make $500-1500 more over the next weeks/months? It can turn into a grind-- so think about it --

how about this?
what would you pay for your ride-- if you were a potential buyer & the seller gave the description you just put on here.

Everyone always offers less unless you have a pristine example or just run into a lottery winner who just has to have your item.

I know what I would do ,Lawrence

I have followed your build and I would say $4500 is a very respectable offer. Myself I would take it. BTW, the hardtop windshield moldings will be too short on the sides for a sedan.

Ask the people here how often they are able to get back what they put in a car and the answer will be- not very often. JMO

Well I didn't take it, he was kinda complaining about the shifter saying I need to rework the linkage or what not, and I decided to repaint the dart hemi orange, get my self the right trim up front. She wants it out, but if I claim to want to make it more presentable that means what? I can keep it a little longer! It's a cool car man

A running driving car. I paid 4500 for one that did not run and needed to be rebuilt, painted etc... Wish I was closer to the west coast to buy a decent cart.

-
Back