'pro comp' roller rockers

-

Pentastar 01

Reaction score
hey gang! :)
Is there anybody out there that have used and or are running Procomp Electronics Rocker?
Yes, I have seen thread after thread on various forums of folks warning to walk away from the brand name, most are older post & most of them seem to be hearsay,then i see folks saying yea! been running them,all is well..
Seem just about everyone is outsourcing in this day and age..
and maybe I'm wrong its seems the real pirates are the one's charging upwards to $1000 dollars for a rocker set you know is a 1000x mark up!

I would like to hear from those having 1st hand experience..

pro comps makes a (.610' off set) extruded aluminum rocker on a stainless steel shaft which I need...
Thanks

PCE261.CHR-SHAFT_6.jpg

It's hard to evaluate parts that have a dubious reputation . I look to the racing community to see which parts that stand up to the pressures of competition . Our small block uses Harland Sharp roller rockers . Our bb uses Crane . No issues so far . It is my understanding that Comp rollers are an excellent product as well . We have used factory rockers into the 12 second zone but that's like having a grenade in your hand with the pin pulled . imho

It's hard to evaluate parts that have a dubious reputation . I look to the racing community to see which parts that stand up to the pressures of competition . Our small block uses Harland Sharp roller rockers . Our bb uses Crane . No issues so far . It is my understanding that Comp rollers are an excellent product as well . We have used factory rockers into the 12 second zone but that's like having a grenade in your hand with the pin pulled . imho
i know right.. none of us modest guys at least..I've seen where Crane has had a roller pin bearing come loose,but that was few and far between,,I also know that every 1st year vehicle we got from Chrysler has had recall after recall.. the following year makes not so much,, so I'm assuming maybe this company has there act together by now? all the post i have seen on the bad was from 2009 - 2011 man hard to believe its 2016 eh

Call Mike at B3 racing engines and talk to him. You can get the rockers from him as well.

Rockers fail for several reasons, one being spring pressures too low. The other is geometry issues. Mike can help you with that too.

A phone call is cheap and easy.

Call Mike at B3 racing engines and talk to him. You can get the rockers from him as well.

Rockers fail for several reasons, one being spring pressures too low. The other is geometry issues. Mike can help you with that too.

A phone call is cheap and easy.
I did not know of B3 I have book marked his page..
I 'm familiar with valve train geometry,although have been out of tech school and out of the field for many years,,When I see rocker cracked its geometry the 1st that comes to mind...
Thanks for the reply and the lead

Looks, like Hugues .600' offset is the one to bet on and under a grand too

So people charge 1000 dollars and it's a 1000 dollar markup? Seems you think rockers should be free.

I have seen to many horror stories online to ever think of running those rockers. Did you build the rest of the engine with Mickey Mouse parts? If not, why even think about crappy rockers? Unless you're just wanting to tear stuff up.

So people charge 1000 dollars and it's a 1000 dollar markup? Seems you think rockers should be free.

I have seen to many horror stories online to ever think of running those rockers. Did you build the rest of the engine with Mickey Mouse parts? If not, why even think about crappy rockers? Unless you're just wanting to tear stuff up.
X2... I ran a set of CAT Products aluminum roller set on a LA, COMPLETE GARBAGE....Was a p.i.t.a.,until I installed stock 273 adjustable rockers...... Hughes makes nice stuff,I would ante up for that, personally....

I never said a word about a 1000 "DOLLAR" mark up!!! products are indeed jacked up dude baseline is 300 % anyone who's ever worked in retail knows this.. I also said I would like to 'hear' from folk "who've used them"... not from 'that guy' who wants to draw their own perceived notions and take what ever they can out of context to make some cute moot reply ;)

X2... I ran a set of CAT Products aluminum roller set on a LA, COMPLETE GARBAGE....Was a p.i.t.a.,until I installed stock 273 adjustable rockers...... Hughes makes nice stuff,I would ante up for that, personally....

Yup!! I'm going with Hughes.. they have a nice set.. back in the early days there really was NOT a whole hell of a lot out there for us Chrysler guys! not even as one member mentioned "Micky mouse parts" everyones starts over somewhere.. Like I said the 1st year mopar came out with the SRT jeep we had nothing but problems out of it,2014 jeep nothing but recalls.. yet there is a 2016 Ram sitting in my driveway.. was kinda my point

I never said a word about a 1000 "DOLLAR" mark up!!! products are indeed jacked up dude baseline is 300 % anyone who's ever worked in retail knows this.. I also said I would like to 'hear' from folk "who've used them"... not from 'that guy' who wants to draw their own perceived notions and take what ever they can out of context to make some cute moot reply ;)

Yea Rob.
He's looking for someone who will tell him what he wants to hear, not someone who already knows they fall short.:lol:

Yea Rob.
He's looking for someone who will tell him what he wants to hear, not someone who already knows they fall short.:lol:
yeah right!! here we go. Getting the idea on here if someone here was running them good or bad, they probably would not admit to it fear of being ridiculed by 'gold members' and such...
Thanks for teh concern guy's

Sorry I asked

Last edited:
Being gold members have nothing to do with it, but decades of experience from a member who IS in automotive retail does.
He's just trying to save you headaches and a bunch of money from a failed valve train.

Being gold members have nothing to do with it, but decades of experience from a member who IS in automotive retail does.
He's just trying to save you headaches and a bunch of money from a failed valve train.
manyyyyyyyyyythanks

manyyyyyyyyyythanks

Be sure to check and correct the geometry even with Hughes rockers.

Dave will tell you that you don't need to, but Dave can be full of ****. Any time you change ONE thing in an equation, it changes everything. Just the fact that it has a roller tip makes geometry correction necessary.

Keep reading the tech on the B3 site.

I've seen more failed rockers from bad geometry than anything else. And the witness mark was always centered.

....decades of experience from a member who IS in automotive retail does.
Do you have firsthand use knowledge of these particular rocker arms?

I have asked the same exact same question as the OP on here before and have yet to hear from someone that has direct hands-on experience with the Pro-Comp rockers on a Mopar. All I got was hearsay, innuendo and people telling me I was just looking for an answer I wanted to hear. Not true.

Yes. I know about them all...from Pro-Comp to T&D and will probably use Hughes on my current build but I do have a new set of the Pro-Comps in the box and want to hear from someone that has actually used them. NOT from someone who has an opinion completely unfounded by personal experience.

Everyone tells you they are trash or Chinese junk and gives chapter and verse about brands they think you should use. I think we all already know the brands that, dollar notwithstanding, we would like to use.

So thanks for all your advice but if you can't share your actual experience with using the product in question, there is no value you can add.

Do you have firsthand use knowledge of these particular rocker arms?

I have asked the same exact same question as the OP on here before and have yet to hear from someone that has direct hands-on experience with the Pro-Comp rockers on a Mopar. All I got was hearsay, innuendo and people telling me I was just looking for an answer I wanted to hear. Not true.

Yes. I know about them all...from Pro-Comp to T&D and will probably use Hughes on my current build but I do have a new set of the Pro-Comps in the box and want to hear from someone that has actually used them. NOT from someone who has an opinion completely unfounded by personal experience.

Everyone tells you they are trash or Chinese junk and gives chapter and verse about brands they think you should use. I think we all already know the brands that, dollar notwithstanding, we would like to use.

So thanks for all your advice but if you can't share your actual experience with using the product in question, there is no value you can add.
I used a set of procomp roller rockers on my 505, for a while. ended up w/ hughs right out of the gate on the intake side, then w/ hughs later on the exh. the procomps will probably be all right for a while w/ not much spring pressure, and not too much cam. MY INTAKES WEREN`T EVEN MACHINED FOR SPRING CLEARANCE. rob in diller Nebraska sold them to me, and wouldn't stand behind them. beware of buying from him.--- "something?" performance in diller , neb.---- ol rob better stay in Nebraska !!

Used a set of the Procomp aka Speedmaster79 stainless steel rockers on 360 with Eddy heads....used them for 1.5 years...just recently removed engine from car and replaced with stockish small block.....took a rocker off and looked at them...no apparent issues...cam was a hughes 230/236 hydraulic with 0549/0571 lift...

Yes. You did. Your own words:

the real pirates are the one's charging upwards to $1000 dollars for a rocker set you know is a 1000x mark up!

Used a set of the Procomp aka Speedmaster79 stainless steel rockers on 360 with Eddy heads....used them for 1.5 years...just recently removed engine from car and replaced with stockish small block.....took a rocker off and looked at them...no apparent issues...cam was a hughes 230/236 hydraulic with 0549/0571 lift...
The stainless steel ones are what I have. Thank you!

thanks for all the reply's guys
I did see where pro comps won't warranty they're heads (chevy) unless you use 'they're' specified rocker..

still taking a liking to the Hughes ones tho

I want to use the Hughes or PRW's on my 400/470 whenever it's done
but I also have a 440 Magnum with 440 Source heads and a very small
hydraulic flat tappet Comp Cam that I was thinking about using the Pro-Comps stainless ones on. Nothing over 6,000 rpm but lots of street miles.

With all the fear mongering and ridicule of the speedmaster product, I would wonder if they would sponsor a representable bracket racer with more than just decals but whole engines built with they're parts>? sounds like this company could certainly use a poster child..
btw my keyboard is wireless and some times when i type it leaves out whole words that i type if i do not proof read i sometimes don't get my whole point across apologies...
I also can see how a higher dollar company could see them as a threat in a competitive market

-
Back