Pro Street

-
I would think that a cheap way to get a pro street is to find a race car that can be bought rolling. See them all the time on racing junk for not a lot of money when compared to building one. That is how a lot of pro street cars in my area were born!

I would think that a cheap way to get a pro street is to find a race car that can be bought rolling. See them all the time on racing junk for not a lot of money when compared to building one. That is how a lot of pro street cars in my area were born!

I never thought of looking there. But like I said I am not looking to do a pro street car

Cliff,now you tagged my heartbeat.We have two E bodies in restoration,for Pro Street.A 70 R/T Challenger,the other a 70 Cuda.I love Sportsman Pros,Weld Draglites.Simply,what I grew up with.....

I like them too but can't afford it. Where is overhaulin when you need them

im not sure if i would call my car "pro street" it is more of an all around car. it is built to be a drag car but im trying to make it so that it will handle better than a stock ride and stop a whole lot better. i think the new term is pro touring? when i think of "pro street" i think of back halfed drag cars with full interiors and graphic paint jobs.

newdownload272.jpg

im not sure if i would call my car "pro street" it is more of an all around car. it is built to be a drag car but im trying to make it so that it will handle better than a stock ride and stop a whole lot better. i think the new term is pro touring? when i think of "pro street" i think of back halfed drag cars with full interiors and graphic paint jobs.

newdownload272.jpg

Great looking all around car

This was the route I was so very close to going years ago. Had a neighbor that had enough of his race car, a 66 Nova that ran 9's. Had 14wx32 slicks on the *** end of it. Plan was to take the 15 to 1 small block out of it and replace it with a warmed up big block, change the gears and spool and a few other things. By the time I got the $$ together we had chased the gremlins away again and he was back to enjoying the car....

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,259
Biggest issue with going pro street is the money. It has to be something you want really bad because a prostreet build costs a lot and you will never get your money back out of it when you sell.

mine will morph itself that way as time and money allow. Right now i,m short the cage and tub job with steamrollers.

Attachments

• car 2 day 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 925
mine will morph itself that way as time and money allow. Right now i,m short the cage and tub job with steamrollers.

Sweet that is nice. Looks like Pro Street is making a come back

some pics of my sons 416 Duster - somewhat pro-street

Attachments

• IMG_0578 (Large).jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_0576 (Large).jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 965
I love Pro Street, but I have to admit, I bit off more than I could chew. Too many years have passed and still not done. Funny, gettin' it running and driving it has made my bucket list.

Duster-Rear-View-1.jpg

My / My dad's (his car but he gave it to me) 1973 340 Duster. He's had it since 1976 and it has remained virtually unchanged (Except for wearing a bunch of different paint jobs) for over 25 years.

I guess you could call it a vintage/surviving pro-street type car (kinda). It sat in the garage since the early 90's after a small branch fell off a tree and chipped the paint on the left fender. My dad was so mad that he parked it in the back of the garage and forgot about it for about 15 years. This September when I was driving it was the first time it saw the road in 17 years, and it finally reached 60,000 miles.

220864_451394721571076_687429567_o.jpg

S5000071.jpg

steamrollers

Attachments

• prostreetk.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • prostreetn.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 903
  • prostreets.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 829
  • prostreetr.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,699
My / My dad's (his car but he gave it to me) 1973 340 Duster. He's had it since 1976 and it has remained virtually unchanged (Except for wearing a bunch of different paint jobs) for over 25 years.

I guess you could call it a vintage/surviving pro-street type car (kinda). It sat in the garage since the early 90's after a small branch fell off a tree and chipped the paint on the left fender. My dad was so mad that he parked it in the back of the garage and forgot about it for about 15 years. This September when I was driving it was the first time it saw the road in 17 years, and it finally reached 60,000 miles.

220864_451394721571076_687429567_o.jpg

S5000071.jpg

Jacked up with the meats hangin' out was definitely a '60s/'70s thing. Pro street came after that, like mid '80s well into the '90s and still kinda survives today - I imagine alot of cars being done today are guys that have taken a decade to finish their cars, or always wanted one but couldn't afford it when it was all the rage.

I like the Duster btw

-
Back