Problems with Mike440

-
The mystery deepens....I have a return address for Mike440 from a member here who was lucky enough to receive at least part of his order a while back (although he is still waiting for parts) and luckily he still had the box with the return address on it....quote

"Mike
413 old plantation dr.
Lynchburg VA 24502"

Ring a bell to anyone? Notice he didn't even put his last name on the address, he is that sure of himself as being a crook that he don't want recognized. Could it be the famous swindler "Mopar Mike" (Mike Renn) from the facebook posts that was somehow tied in with Justin and those dealings shipping from another address (friend, family, etc?) or just using that address as a return address, hence the reason for no last name? That address is only about an hour away from that guy Mopar Mike though.

It sure is no where near the zip code he has listed from where he says the parts are in his ads (23970) on here nor anywhere near where he told me he lived at (Harrisonburg, VA). Those parts were shipped from nearly two hours away from the zip he says the parts are at in his ads?

I don't know?? At least I have an address for the police to start from as well as them being familiar with all of this. I looked that house up on Google Earth maps, didn't help much. Even by some odd chance Mike440 is totally legit...why is he shipping from 2 hours from where he says he is?? I'm trying guys, but nothing is making sense at all.

Didn't "Justin's" original website for selling parts have an Orange Dart with "440" in it???

From that website you just posted Dukeboy for Mike, look at this picture of the orange Dart under the "Mechanic" link:

http://southeastmoparparts.wix.com/southeastmoparparts#!mechanic/cee5

91c0c1_12daa73fb7ea4380bcbcbf0a320b8fed.jpg_srz_p_485_455_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Now look at Justin's webpage on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004620108697&fref=ts

10610527_344064215757579_9155174286685020327_n.jpg

Looks like the same car to me. I dunno? With the hood up and all it might be a different one. Haha!

I was only an hour away from that addressfrom where I stayed last night. Made it back home to Connecticut tonight.

The mystery deepens....I have a return address for Mike440 from a member here who was lucky enough to receive at least part of his order a while back (although he is still waiting for parts) and luckily he still had the box with the return address on it....quote

"Mike
413 old plantation dr.
Lynchburg VA 24502"

Ring a bell to anyone? Notice he didn't even put his last name on the address, he is that sure of himself as being a crook that he don't want recognized. Could it be the famous swindler "Mopar Mike" (Mike Renn) from the facebook posts that was somehow tied in with Justin and those dealings shipping from another address (friend, family, etc?) or just using that address as a return address, hence the reason for no last name? That address is only about an hour away from that guy Mopar Mike though.

It sure is no where near the zip code he has listed from where he says the parts are in his ads (23970) on here nor anywhere near where he told me he lived at (Harrisonburg, VA). Those parts were shipped from nearly two hours away from the zip he says the parts are at in his ads?

I don't know?? At least I have an address for the police to start from as well as them being familiar with all of this. I looked that house up on Google Earth maps, didn't help much. Even by some odd chance Mike440 is totally legit...why is he shipping from 2 hours from where he says he is?? I'm trying guys, but nothing is making sense at all.

And this would be another completely different address again 60 miles from the lynchburg one in saying that had a look round the site couple of the A body pics look to be the same back ground rusting cars under trees

From that website you just posted Dukeboy for Mike, look at this picture of the orange Dart under the "Mechanic" link:

http://southeastmoparparts.wix.com/southeastmoparparts#!mechanic/cee5

91c0c1_12daa73fb7ea4380bcbcbf0a320b8fed.jpg_srz_p_485_455_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Now look at Justin's webpage on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004620108697&fref=ts

10610527_344064215757579_9155174286685020327_n.jpg

Looks like the same car to me. I dunno? With the hood up and all it might be a different one. Haha!

Exactly....I guess he/they have it so twisted and tangled in deception to totally confuse people with different addresses I suppose?

Glad you made it home safe Barty005, sounded like a long haul you did. Sorry you had to waste time waiting on him to not show up.

Amazing the detective work here! You guys are awesome!

Time to take the S.O.B. down!!!

Also, i received some of my parts but not all of them ( and the ones I received were junk), can I still file a dispute with paypal. .... my bank.....?

If it's not one person they sure have a similar writing style and have trouble spelling the same words....:happy1:

Edit: that's the exact website Justin had before but with his contact info.....

Also, i received some of my parts but not all of them ( and the ones I received were junk), can I still file a dispute with paypal. .... my bank.....?

File it!!!

damn , with guys like you , no scumbag is safe !! now if something can be done to hang this clown

Yeah you can file a claim through paypal. Pretty sure there's a option like, item received was not like described.

It just dawned on me a little while ago. I am pretty sure I bought a heater box from this same guy last year off facebook after seeing that website you posted. I sent a money order from what I remember to his wife (seemed odd I had to pay her, but didn't think too much of it at the time.) And it was like pulling teeth to get him to ship the heater box and took like a month of begging to get that. When it did arrive it was NOT in the condition he described, it was busted all to pieces, was shipped in a box that looked as if it had been in a flood and falling apart, and the entire thing smelled like rat piss. I didn't remember who it was until you posted that website, but now I remember looking at the parts he had because he had a dual snorkel 340 air cleaner on there that I clearly remember wanting but didn't buy. Unfortunately I deleted all the messages we had exchanged and don't have the address I sent the money order to anymore.....it's all coming back to me now....no wonder he is using different names. If I had recognized it was the same person there is no way I would have bought from him. At least I did finally get the heater box....too bad my dash parts and trunk trim are "lost in the mail". <rolls eyes>

I just looked through his history. The only threads he started were to sell parts. The guy doesn't care about the hobby he just wants to use Fabo for free advertising. I don't buy parts from people that are just here to sell (or scam). If they can't become members here and interact with us on a personal basis we should be cautious about buying from them.

Here is his facebook page he is using to sell parts as well. If you scroll down through his "photos" you will see the infamous car pictures he was supposedly selling parts from that he posted everywhere on the internet.

If you notice his name is Mike Renn, it used to be Mopar Mike on that group's page but he apparently changed it a short while back.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/997477706936132/

Here is one..look familiar? It is one that Justin posted as well.

1937472_960137123996983_4103966037842604191_n.jpg

I just looked through his history. The only threads he started were to sell parts. The guy doesn't care about the hobby he just wants to use Fabo for free advertising. I don't buy parts from people that are just here to sell (or scam). If they can't become members here and interact with us on a personal basis we should be cautious about buying from them.

I thought it was just me that felt this way. Glad to read I'm not alone!

I knew Justin was the person writing the Mike440 Ads. He phrased things the same way, and jumped right in as if he'd been selling things on this site forever. Also, Mike440 popped up on here the day after Justin was booted from a FB page he had been ripping people off on.
BUT...Mike and Justin ARE two different people. I know this because I did a little digging and asked someone who was going to pick up parts in person from Mike to let me know how it all went.
According to him, Mike is an older guy..maybe around 60ish. They met at a location that was not his house, and there were two people in the truck. Mike got out, and made the transaction while the other person, who was driving the truck, never said anything or even showed his face. This was in all likelihood, Justin.
I'm thinking that this Mike is related to Justin. Father/Grandfather/Uncle. I can't imagine someone just loosely tied to the guy getting involved so deeply into what is obviously a very sloppy scam.
If you've got anything on this guy...for the good of all of us, get involved in helping the local Police shut them down for good.

I am sort of feeling that now too Tony even though they appear to be so very similar....two different people, but close enough like family to be sharing the posts, pictures and "partners in crime" so to speak. Would explain how they can easily use different addresses so far apart to sell and ship the same parts. Not sure if it was in this thread or the facebok thread that said when checks were wrote to Mike and his wife, Justin would be the one who endorsed them on the back. Seems the more digging I do the more people are also saying two different people. One guy on facebook did actually receive a check as a refund from them...of course it was bad and bounced, that is when the police got involved and Justin thought it was someone pretending to be the police....turned out when he realized it was actually the cops getting involved that is when he started sending out parts and refunds.

I will try to find out more Monday when I talk to the county sheriff down there. Apparently they know more than we do by the tone of their voice when I just mentioned internet fraud in their area....they finished my sentence with a question and asked, is this about the guys who are selling auto parts? That was before I told them exactly why I called. And that was all they said until I can speak with the sheriff and my local detective. We'll see how it goes.

I knew Justin was the person writing the Mike440 Ads. He phrased things the same way, and jumped right in as if he'd been selling things on this site forever. Also, Mike440 popped up on here the day after Justin was booted from a FB page he had been ripping people off on.
BUT...Mike and Justin ARE two different people. I know this because I did a little digging and asked someone who was going to pick up parts in person from Mike to let me know how it all went.
According to him, Mike is an older guy..maybe around 60ish. They met at a location that was not his house, and there were two people in the truck. Mike got out, and made the transaction while the other person, who was driving the truck, never said anything or even showed his face. This was in all likelihood, Justin.
I'm thinking that this Mike is related to Justin. Father/Grandfather/Uncle. I can't imagine someone just loosely tied to the guy getting involved so deeply into what is obviously a very sloppy scam.
If you've got anything on this guy...for the good of all of us, get involved in helping the local Police shut them down for good.

Justin's grandfather, perhaps?

I am sort of feeling that now too Tony even though they appear to be so very similar....two different people, but close enough like family to be sharing the posts, pictures and "partners in crime" so to speak. Would explain how they can easily use different addresses so far apart to sell and ship the same parts. Not sure if it was in this thread or the facebok thread that said when checks were wrote to Mike and his wife, Justin would be the one who endorsed them on the back. Seems the more digging I do the more people are also saying two different people. One guy on facebook did actually receive a check as a refund from them...of course it was bad and bounced, that is when the police got involved and Justin thought it was someone pretending to be the police....turned out when he realized it was actually the cops getting involved that is when he started sending out parts and refunds.

I will try to find out more Monday when I talk to the county sheriff down there. Apparently they know more than we do by the tone of their voice when I just mentioned internet fraud in their area....they finished my sentence with a question and asked, is this about the guys who are selling auto parts? That was before I told them exactly why I called. And that was all they said until I can speak with the sheriff and my local detective. We'll see how it goes.

PB, I hope you nail these effin' scam artists. Nothing pisses me off more than a thief. Why the hell people can't get a job and earn their daily bread instead of stealing from someone who does completely escapes me. I wasn't raised that way, and don't know many who were. It's guys like you who were the victims that gotta slam the lid on these dirtbags. Show no mercy, brother,

Old guy with mystery man in the truck was Justin's grandfather. I called Justin during his first go around and he said his grandfather told him about if people don't like the way he does business, they can worry about it themselves. He doesn't care that he ships things poorly, says it's the shipping companies fault. Takes no responsibility about anything he does. Apparently his grandfather raised him and taught him how to be a crook, thief and a liar. Hope they both become someone's ***** in a county, state or federal jail.

ill toss some numbers out there

3-28-15 I placed a wanted add for a 3 groove crank pulley and Mike was the first to reply so I bought his (at that time he only had 2 feedbacks and both were positive)

3-29-15 I send the payment to mike
4-3-15 I asked if it shipped yet (this was a Friday)
4-3-15 he replied and said he would sandblast it and send it the next Monday
4-9-15 (today) I asked if he had gotten a chance to ship it out yet

I understand things happen so im not ready to call him out as a scammer
but then again, I haven't been waiting 6 weeks yet (sure hope he pulls through, that pulley is one of the last pieces I need to finish up my 360 conversion)

at this time, the only negative feedback im willing to offer is that the communication isn't as good as I would hope
(then again, I sold some parts to a fellow member which I shipped yesterday and I haven't let him know yet either, ill do that right now)

I might just have one of those pulleys. I will look at the one that came on my 360 and If I do I'll contact you for ur shipping info and you can have it because I'll use the one currently on my car/318.

I'll be in touch soon and sorry to all who nwve been had by this guy whether he is Justin or not.

Don

-
Back