Problems with Mike440

-
Justin is a young spoiled punk just out of high school.His grandfather foots the bill for the cars.You can tell when you speak with justin he is slow.The police in his area know him by name.I went to my local law enforcement and they called the sheriff in his area for returning my money with a check that bounced.The prosecutors office in my area told them they where going to file charges against him then he sent me a money order.He needs to be but in jail and he would stop doing this.I told administrator about mike440 being justin when he started selling parts.Now a bunch of people got burned.

I might just have one of those pulleys. I will look at the one that came on my 360 and If I do I'll contact you for ur shipping info and you can have it because I'll use the one currently on my car/318.

I'll be in touch soon and sorry to all who nwve been had by this guy whether he is Justin or not.

Don

I greatly appreciate that Don, but there is no need to go through that hassle
I went through my inbox and found an offer from a different member who is a little more established and bought one from him last night

your offer does show the character of the majority of the people on this site

I greatly appreciate that Don, but there is no need to go through that hassle
I went through my inbox and found an offer from a different member who is a little more established and bought one from him last night

your offer does show the character of the majority of the people on this site

No worries and if it don't pan out let me know. I think the one on my 318 is a tad different as far as the bolt bolt holes but it can be drilled and with washer and thread lock works just fine on my 360

So....PayPal wont let me dispute the transaction because it was a private transaction...no "goods" received.

I sent an email to [email protected]

I will wait for a bit....if not I will be jumping on the Sheriff / Local authorities train.

What a pain in the @55

So....PayPal wont let me dispute the transaction because it was a private transaction...no "goods" received.

So where's the benefit of using Paypal??? :dontknow:

They talk a good game, but aren't there when you need them... :finga:

I will wait for a bit....if not I will be jumping on the Sheriff / Local authorities train.

What a pain in the @55

Guys, it's a bit of trouble and inconvenience on your end, but all of you who have been scammed need to put the nails in the coffin and get some legal action done. Banning this garbage isn't enough. Sharing a cell with Bubba might do the trick.

Guys, it's a bit of trouble and inconvenience on your end, but all of you who have been scammed need to put the nails in the coffin and get some legal action done. Banning this garbage isn't enough. Sharing a cell with Bubba might do the trick.

I agree. All it's doing by not going to the legal system is allowing him to scam more and more people, in particular, fellow mopar owners. Let's put a stop to this guy once and for all.

Also, the more complaints the sheriff office gets, the more pressure they'll feel to look into this. I would also go as far as getting the FBI involved as well as possibly the Post Master General and the VA state attorney General's office. The FBI deals with internet fraud scams and has a whole division set up, I'd definitely call them.

Paypal is not as good as it seems. 17 year old son paid $1800 of his hard earned money
for a supercharger for his MustangGT. Never received Item, Seller claimed he never received the Money? Where did it go PAYPAL?
They couldn't answer that question................................. DONE!

Paypal is not as good as it seems. 17 year old son paid $1800 of his hard earned money
for a supercharger for his MustangGT. Never received Item, Seller claimed he never received the Money? Where did it go PAYPAL?
They couldn't answer that question................................. DONE!

So Paypal seems to be as big of a scam as Justin... :finga:

Not really...at least you have a paper trail. With a MO you have none. It may take a while to resolve, but I think eventually you might get your money back.

With a MO you have none.

What?!?!

If you use a Postal MO, you have a carbon copy. You can also check and see where and when it was cashed/deposited.

If any of you guys paid him with a Postal MO and not got the parts, that has now become mail fraud, a Federal crime (felony).

Paypal has always worked with/for me even in private transactions. I had sent some stainless trim stripes to an Australian member who had in fact ordered the wrong thing. Paypal forced the refund from me to him even though it was his error. So I'm surprised to hear of Paypal's inaction from other members. I sell a few items on here to buy parts for my current project as it keeps me out of the savings account and that keeps the girlfriend happy. Just don't bring up her impulsive shoe purchases from savings as I've been told that's different. #-o

If you paid through paypal using "Friends and Family" you can still chargeback through your credit card/bank company. At least i've heard of people doing this.

What a pain in the @55

Wow, Paypal promotes all over the place how you are "protected" from not receiving what you paid if you use them. I just looked on their website and below are their "exceptions". Seems like we could all save about 3% by sending all payments as a gift if they do not provide any help. I do have my paypal linked to my credit card, so some credit cards claim to offer some buyer protection so you might look into that.

I feel really bad for all you guys that got ripped off and appreciate your perseverance in keeping this site's classified sales on the up and up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 465

No not true! you have to use it the right way first off. If send money so there are no Fee's then it is on you because you should trust or know who you are sending to and it not for a transaction of goods or services purchased.

If you would have sent money the correct way then they would stand behind you. Also if you use pay pal and pay with Credit card, then the CC company or bank would also stand behind you.
I would never send a personal check, Money order today to some person in god's know where for parts or anything. A large transaction can be done with Bank wire.

The only way to stop people like this, is to be smart and not play by their rules. Because they know if you send a money order, check of any kind that you have no leg to stand on and the Authority's are not going to get involved for $50 or $100.

I would bet he never screwed anybody for over $300 so he could be charged with Grand theft and some States have a higher limit.

Not really...at least you have a paper trail. With a MO you have none. It may take a while to resolve, but I think eventually you might get your money back.

Not exactly.

When I bought parts, I sent a MO express mail with signature. That way I have a carbon copy of the money order, and proof that they received it. :evil3:

After that, it's mail fraud if they don't follow through.... :sad1:

I was supposed to pick up a 68 340 and a 70 440 from a guy in Terra Houte, IN. I found out at the last minute that he hadn't had the 440 pulled yet, but was trying to convince me to pay for everything and pick up the 340 and come back for the 440. His first excuse was that he found a Dana Axle that he just "had to have", then a couple of days later it was a "Road Runner in Michagan"... He kept pushing for me to pay for the 440, and wait for him to have it pulled. I finally told him, "If you want me to pay for it in advance, that's fine. I will go home and send you a money order registered mail with signature required. That way if you stiff me, I can prosecute you for mail fraud and you will have FEDERAL CHARGES filed against you..." :shock:

That ended the "pay me in advance" begging... :crybaby:

That was over 4 years ago, and I haven't gotten a call to come get the 440 yet.... :tool:

Funny how that works.... :D

However, this fool and his money were not soon parted.... :walk:

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

PayPal Direct Payments
Virtual Terminal Payments
Personal Payments

FILE A COMPLAINT.

Go here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Insert as much info as you can, the site is very detail oriented.

For those of you that have possibly paid with a Postal MO, go to the site above and file a complaint, then go HERE: http://ehome.uspis.gov/fcsexternal/default.aspx

and file the info about the MO and that you received nothing.

Also, quite possibly, if you paid by check as well, I would still think that constitutes Mail Fraud

If you folks take the time to do this, I think someone in Virginia is going to be one unhappy camper.

I just had a discussion with an "agent" 30 minutes ago, and they explained how the FBI site works and and how it groups complaints together. Once the info is entered and the system queries the complaint, they will be categorized and grouped together.

Wow, Paypal promotes all over the place how you are "protected" from not receiving what you paid if you use them. I just looked on their website and below are their "exceptions". Seems like we could all save about 3% by sending all payments as a gift if they do not provide any help. I do have my paypal linked to my credit card, so some credit cards claim to offer some buyer protection so you might look into that.

I feel really bad for all you guys that got ripped off and appreciate your perseverance in keeping this site's classified sales on the up and up.

I'm assuming you're referring to the "vehicles" mentioned? Unless you bought a whole car, you should still be covered by PayPal. Open a dispute within 180 days of the purchase, if not resolved between you and the seller turn it into a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute. Sounds pretty simple.

Years ago I shipped something after not contacting the buyer for over a week. It was packed poorly on top of that. Before it ever got to the buyer, PayPal froze the account used and then took the money back for the buyer. I was out my stuff AND my money. I learned the hard way to 1: communication is key to any transaction and, 2: packed whatever it is better than you need to.

Go after this POS so he gets what he deserves!

I'm assuming you're referring to the "vehicles" mentioned? Unless you bought a whole car, you should still be covered by PayPal. Open a dispute within 180 days of the purchase, if not resolved between you and the seller turn it into a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute. Sounds pretty simple.

Years ago I shipped something after not contacting the buyer for over a week. It was packed poorly on top of that. Before it ever got to the buyer, PayPal froze the account used and then took the money back for the buyer. I was out my stuff AND my money. I learned the hard way to 1: communication is key to any transaction and, 2: packed whatever it is better than you need to.

Go after this POS so he gets what he deserves!

I read that automobile exception the same as you, it should not apply to parts, but thought they might have somehow used it against Brandon.marx. He did not elaborate whether he paid by gift or not. If he paid by gift I would not have expected them to intercede. After relooking at his post, he probably did pay by gift since he said no goods were exchanged, maybe he will chime in to clarify. I am glad to see your post and one other that shows Paypal was helpful since I regularly use them and avoid sending payment as a gift.

Not to change the subject, but while we are on the topic of Mopar scam artists....did the OP of THIS thread:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=295188

...or any other member on this site who got taken by same, ever get any resolution on this scumbag?
I think we need to "out" these effers and eradicate them, not only from this site, but from the general public (read: "jail time")
Somebody had posted earlier that Mike/Justin had no posts other than selling parts. Red flag, people. Admins, is there a way to change the settings so that any member can't sell (not buy) parts without a defined number of posts? Honestly, we don't need any snake-oil salesmen on here trying to hawk parts if they're not a member in good standing.
The forums I admin on require a member have 25 posts and to have been a member for at least 90 days before they are allowed to post in the FOR SALE threads. While this won't weed them all out, at least it will discourage the A-holes that care nothing for the A-Body community and are only trying to snag a buck. There should be SOME type of screening for potential sellers that could be set up by the admins.
And members...think this over. Virtually every part you need is available from Classic Industries or Year One. Sure, sure...you'll pay more. But you will also receive what you ordered with some sort of return policy rather than flushing money down the toilet. To the embers who got scammed....how much did you "save" in the end?
If you are buying from long-time site sellers with a good reputation, you can feel relatively safe, I think. New member, no previous sales or feedback? You pays your money and you takes your chance.
I am also a proponent of a Hall of Fame/Wall of Shame thread as a sticky in the FOR SALE sections. A few minutes of careful research before PM'ing the seller could save a lot of members a whole bunch of grief.

-
Back