Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is a brand-new-in-the-box Proform air cleaner assembly. Drop base, 14" diameter. This is a brand new part, no run time. Mounted on top of my carb for about a minute, removed and put back in the box. Comes with new filter element and mounting hardware in two finishes, black and chrome. I will throw in a 1/4-20 rod for a carb stud. This is a really nice air cleaner, very light. Not your generic parts store air cleaner.

$55 + shipping. I take Paypal but however you do it, gift or otherwise, make sure the total ends up being the agreed upon price, no less. Money order is fine too, I usually ship next day. PM with questions. Parts are located in Huntington, NY, 11743.

- Greg

what is the distance from where it sits on the carb to the top of the lid?

what is the distance from where it sits on the carb to the top of the lid?

If I am measuring correctly, it's 1.625" or 1 5/8". The base drops 2 3/8" and the filter element is 3". Hard to tell exactly though because the boss where the carb stud goes through is lower than the section that bulges up.

I know I can close my flat hood with it on the carb. and I have a high rise single plane. The drop base gives it a lower profile.

did you put it together and stick a tape in the carb hole up to the lid? bb under a flat hood is tight.

did you put it together and stick a tape in the carb hole up to the lid? bb under a flat hood is tight.

Yep.

Maybe try this if you haven't; put a string across the engine bay, tape it to the fenders, pull it tight. Then, measure down from the string to the carb base to see how much room you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back