Project 78

-
You gotta good helper!
I was the helper today. He did 95 percent of the work.

Side note: rear bearings are definitely lose, lots of play , only 82000 miles on this truck but it’s hard truck use.

Gonna replace them since it’s a part. All new stuff, but are Timken bearings still pretty good? Options are them or National Bearing. Staying away from the off name Chinese junk

I was the helper today. He did 95 percent of the work.

Side note: rear bearings are definitely lose, lots of play , only 82000 miles on this truck but it’s hard truck use.

Gonna replace them since it’s a part. All new stuff, but are Timken bearings still pretty good? Options are them or National Bearing. Staying away from the off name Chinese junk
National is China.

Good to know. So the tried and true Timkens it is.

Hoping the place in town can turn these down tomorrow and they still be useable. New drums ain’t cheap for this sucker
I can find out tomorrow. Bearings and Drives is in Macon. Mama and my Uncle worked for them ages ago and I still know some of the owners. They'll tell me real quick who the American bearing companies are.

I can find out tomorrow. Bearings and Drives is in Macon. Mama and my Uncle worked for them ages ago and I still know some of the owners. They'll tell me real quick who the American bearing companies are.
Thanks!

-
Back