Project DART VADER

-
Black will be on there somewhere. not all black

1- there is a bumpstop to limit travel.
2- im not understanding this question.

Sorry bad terminology. Can you limit the steering travel?

pic112_zps89a3993b.png

Mmmmmm Mod motor...how much is done to this one? I have a 4.6 4V waiting to go between the shocktowers in my '84 Mustang.

I will be using some stops because I may touch the frame slightly but the rack has internal stops built in.

So the internal stops are not adjustable, but likely easier to create stops than with a box. Just thinking through the possibilities. Thanks.

So the internal stops are not adjustable, but likely easier to create stops than with a box. Just thinking through the possibilities. Thanks.

Yes the internal stops on the rack are non adjustable. Making stops shouldn't be that hard either and they could very easily be made adjustable too.

Mmmmmm Mod motor...how much is done to this one? I have a 4.6 4V waiting to go between the shocktowers in my '84 Mustang.

Beleive it ir not its stock for now. just has the emission stuff take out of the computer. and a sct custom tune for the opeded up exhaust and the air intake. owner is lookiang at a vortech supercharger if he has enough room.

If that rack is anything like a Fox Mustang rack, you can buy rack limiter clips and install them under the boots on the tie rod ends...reduces tie rod travel by about 1/4"...

Sorry about the questions but here's another.
Is the reason for changing spindles with a HemiDenny K because tie rod connections are on the wrong side?

I believe there's a couple reasons, but A, because the rack is on the front, so you have to use spindles with the knuckle in the front, and B, because those are available in a couple different configs for only a little ching with options...

I would imagine for price ($169 pr), commonly found parts (uses easily found off the shelf parts), and unlimited ability for upgrades.

I believe there's a couple reasons, but A, because the rack is on the front, so you have to use spindles with the knuckle in the front, and B, because those are available in a couple different configs for only a little ching with options...

I would imagine for price ($169 pr), commonly found parts (uses easily found off the shelf parts), and unlimited ability for upgrades.

A - spindles are ready avalable
B - rack location
C - many brake options
D - designed with the kit.

.......and you CANNOT flip the stock spindles side-to-side for a front
steer set-up due to the resulting horrific geometry issues that produce
terrible ackerman.

Everyone gets an A...you have been pay'n attention.

well its been a long time since I posted any progress. I have been working on other cars for customers. just about finished the f100 motor swap. just need to get wheel tubs built and fitted and painted and the motor needs to be tunned. Also bleed the brakes. then I have one other small 2 week project then on to my car. even though the truck wasn't finished the customer wanted to take it to a show over the weekend. Had to pull it in with the 4wheeler. placed 2nd in the great eight (8 best cars in the show) 1500 entrys, and 1st in a pre 70's truck class. he got a nice wall clock and a plaque. but its not for the awards, its just thrilling to talk to ppl about the things I build.

Wow. love those early F100s. That one is radical. Had a 64.
Who's the artist? A member was looking for someone to do something for his business.

Wow. love those early F100s. That one is radical. Had a 64.
Who's the artist? A member was looking for someone to do something for his business.

No artist. Its a computer program u use. U take 3pictures with 3different gilm speeds and merg all together. My buddy did it. I would have to find out the name of program

That is a very cool program.

Google searched it... It's called HDR (high dynamic range) imaging. Used to bring out details, and capable of artistic manipulations like above. There are many programs. It can be simulated with a single photo using programs like "Dynamic Light" which is an app for the iphone. I'm going to try it out.

Edit: couldn't resist showing a result

Attachments

• Dart HDR 2 small.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 418
-
Back