Project "HARD TIME"

-
Thanks for the seat tips. I'll add that to my list of things to look out for.
I'm picking up the new wiper motor and bushings today. Thanks to FABO and the excellent write up on how to do the wiper rebuild with adding grease zerks this will be a piece of cake.

I also ordered a master cylinder for a 74 barracuda for my 70 dart as this is the master cylinder the guy at engineered components said is the one I need for my disc brake conversion. I hope he's correct.
Any input on the master cylinder would be greatly appreciated.

You'll like the master cylinder. Ran across it when I bought my '74 Charger new and wondered how come the booster was missing the first time I popped the hood to check the oil. Been on every Mopar I've owned since...

Well it's been a while since I updated this thread. Lately I got the engine and trans in. I'm half way through the sub frame connector install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 355
Got the sub frame connectors installed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 321
Did the disc brake conversion today. Got the majority of the brake lines ran. Still have to do something about the E brake cable routing with the sub frame connectors. I thought about routing it through the sub frame connector and use rubber grommets to insulate it from rattling. What did some of you do about the E brake cable?

Well, since it's been 4 months sine theist post I think I'll update a little.

I installed a Reilly motor sports 4 link. 325/50/15 MT ET street radials. Got the dash in and gauges installed as well. Also did the first startup and engine break in

Well, getting closer to finished. The car is wired. Minus the bad signal light switch which has been installed. (Just waiting on Ron Francis wiring to send me the connectors). Installing a set of proCar sport and front seats ( turns out they nearly bolt up to the factory sliders) ("nearly"). I sent back the PRW fabricated valve covers ( leaking pieces of crap) they were so badly warped they wouldn't seal. Been waiting for 3 weeks to get new ones sent. PRW customer service is not great. I've installed the roll bar. Brakes are all hooked up and bled. Although the pedal still feels a little spongy. Will be welding up the tti exhaust with Borla XR1 mufflers this weekend. Still lots to do but getting closer. I want to get it done before my Dad passes away. His cancer is back and seems to be getting worse. I'll try to do a better job of keeping this thread updated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 199
Oh yeah I forgot... The FI TECH fuel injection arrives tomorrow!!!

Miss hating on him that's for sure!

HUSKER POWER!

LOL. He may have been a bit of a scoundrel but he was a heck of a coach and he did have some great teams. Nebraskans sure didn't root for Oklahoma when we played them but most had a lot of respect for him & his teams.

friend of mine, used to say he would get up in the morning , drink a quart of motor oil-and run to chickasha LOL good to see another okie on here------bob
---------------------------BOOMER SOONER----------------------

BOOMER....!!!!....Almost time...!!!

NU vs OU was the best rivalry in college football and always a great game to go to or watch on TV. And your right....we respected Coach Switzer as much as we hated him.

Only a few hours till kick off! :cheers:

Went for the maiden voyage last night. Got the FITECH fuel injection going as well. Man does this thing run!!

Well since it has been a year I think I'll update this thread a little. After the maiden voyage at mile 32 the exhaust valve in the #3 cylinder stuck and slapped the piston. I was sold a pair of Indy rhs heads that didn't have the bronze guides installed. So of course they failed like people say they will.
I saved up and bought a pair of new eddy heads got those installed and went for another little 10 mile cruise and lost oil pressure. Pulled the engine out and found metal all in the pan. Like the little Curley piece you get off of a drill bit. No rubbing on any of the parts. Best I can come up with is the machine shop left it in there. Main, rod, and cam bearings all gone. Engine is now at a more reputable machine shop. Getting ready to do the Windows in a couple of days.

-
Back