Sitting in my shop and soon the the body shop
newpictures324-2.jpg

Day 1 in the shop
CudaDay1001.jpg

Day 2 in the shop
CudaDay2004.jpg

CudaDay2001.jpg

CudaDay2003.jpg

There is a very long a detailed history to this car and one day I will sit down and type it all out. But for now....It has begun!

Keeping an eye on this oneO:) he may end up building it for me.
Here in northeast Arkansas that looks real nice.:thumleft:

Is it a keeper?:dontknow:
Congratulations Bill " it has begun "

Love to see progress photos...please keep them coming!

Keeping an eye on this oneO:) he may end up building it for me.
Here in northeast Arkansas that looks real nice.:thumleft:

Is it a keeper?:dontknow:
Congratulations Bill " it has begun "

Like I said there is a long story to this car and one day I will make a site and list it all out with pics. But for now here is the short of it....

I bought the car in 1997 literally sitting in a barn. I was able to strike a deal with the owner and bought the car for $1500.00
drove it when I could and even raced it a few times, Fell on to some hard times and put the car away in the garage.
In 2003 I had to fight tooth and nail to keep it and I did.
still unable to do much it went back into storage until late 2007 when it was sent off to the body shop.

So yes its a keeper

Stopped by the shop on Saturday and went in to see the boss. He took me out to the car to ask a question and when I seen the car I was SHOCKED! (not in a bad way). My Girlfriend was stunned to say the least :lol:

She said it looked really bad, I said no....It looks great.
the guy doing body work asked what motor I was putting in it. I told him for now it was going to be a SB but a BB or HEMI may be going into it later.
He told me "Then why am I powder coating this SB k-frame if you are changing it later? You will have to put in a different one to add a BB or HEMI".
I told him to do the k-frame and If I change later I can put in different motor mounts or elephant ears. He told me "They don't make motor mounts for SB to BB"
His boss started laughing and told him "You do the body work, Let Bill do the power train".

Soon as I'm home I will post updated pics.

Here are some new pics from today.
This is what I seen when I walked in.

CudaDay7001.jpg

Door work
CudaDay7002.jpg

Front
CudaDay7004.jpg

New rust we found
CudaDay7007.jpg

Original fenders that we cant use
CudaDay7017.jpg

Old rear valance and wheel chrome
CudaDay7008.jpg

Driver side
CudaDay7012.jpg

Another Front shot
CudaDay7016.jpg

I just wanted to let you know that if and when you go small block I use a truck motor mount[no insolater] on the driver side for a solid motor mount.Just a quick joke I hate broken rubbers!

Stopped at the body shop today and some work has been done. I didnt get to stay long to take other pics but I snaped one of the door and headed back to work.

BEFORE: Hard to see the heavy door crease and dents in this pic, The crease is in the middle of the door.
CudaDay1010crop.jpg

DURING: Here is the door mid-way. Here you can see the paint still in the low spots.
CudaDay7002-1.jpg

NOW: this is what the door looks like today.
CudaDay9001resize.jpg

CudaDay9002resize.jpg

looks good man. what color are you going with? why can't you use those front fenders?

i guess the boss never heard of schumacher mounts.............

Silver will be the color we are going with.
The front fenders have cracks, PS has 3 small ones and is weak. But I cant seem to find any good fenders so I may have to work with what we have.

i'd weld 'em up. finding good ones isn't going to be easy or cheap. if they're oilcanned, shrink 'em a bit.

I know it's been a while since I have posted anything but my car is being done as fill work. So now that the winter is over the shop is slowing down again and they once again are back on mine.
I stopped by to see if they had gotten the parts I bought over the Internet and they told me on Monday they would start working on the Cuda again.

He also told me that he has yet to find any bondo in the car (only factory lead work) and no collision evidence anywhere and the paint is indeed factory. He told me I was lucky to find a car this solid and in this condition in the Midwest.

Well here are some pics from the last 2 days, Tomorrow it sounds like the roof will be glazed and the floor pans and trans hump will go in. We decided to keep the front fenders that I have and just work with them, All the ones I have found are just about junk. I considered fiberglass but the body man said "no way"! He'd rather work with what I have then put fiberglass on.

Cuda day 10 014.jpg

Cuda day 10 017.jpg

Cuda day 10 019.jpg

Cuda day 10 029.jpg

Cuda day 10 030.jpg

Don't stay gone so long next time!

I know what you mean by fill work. I had a 68 Charger that sat at a paint shop for at least 6 months. I would ride by there and every other Friday and it wouldn't have anything done to it. Keep in mind that I didn't ask how long it would take. :angry7: My fault.

Auto shops don't make much money off of us like they do normal everyday vehicles.

I bet you're glad they will get back on it.

Don't stay gone so long next time!

I know what you mean by fill work. I had a 68 Charger that sat at a paint shop for at least 6 months. I would ride by there and every other Friday and it wouldn't have anything done to it. Keep in mind that I didn't ask how long it would take. :angry7: My fault.

Auto shops don't make much money off of us like they do normal everyday vehicles.

I bet you're glad they will get back on it.

I'm pretty flexible about it. The people that have there cars and trucks in there need them to get to work everyday, My car is a toy. So I understand how things go, It also gives me time to hunt parts as they might need them too.

Work started on the DS door too. there was some rust in the lower seam and I couldn't find a door in better shape so we used this one. Good thing cause the rust wasn't as bad as 1st thought it to be.

Cuda day 11 001.jpg

-
Back