PRW Rockers....anyone use em?

-

RJK3

8 3/4 Hoarder
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a set of 1.6 rockers.
Any horror stories regarding the PRW line?
Thanks for any input guys!

I purchased a set of the 1.5s' installed them and they were rubbing on the retainers/springs I think mine were designed for use with beehive springs. I didn't want to grind on them so I'm keeping them for another build. I saw the problem before I fired the engine so no harm done.

They've got both for a fairly reasonable price if the quality is good. I'm leaning towards the aluminum though.

Use the stainless one.

Make DAMN sure you understand rocker arm geometry because you will need to correct it. If you don't do that, you will have rocker that hit springs and think the rocker was made incorrectly. When in reality, the geometry is wrong.

Google B3 racing engines and go to his sight. You just can't change pushrod length and add lash caps and think you are correcting geometry.

There are many who can break a bowling ball in a sand box with no tools. Yet everything they buy is junk.

Make sure you understand all of it.

I will definitely go over everything with my builder before purchasing anything.

I've got a set of their 1.6 stainless rockers. I was told to buy them from a very prominent professional Mopar engine builder. They're pretty good pieces. I had to send one back because the bushing was buggered up, but that wasn't a huge deal. Just make sure to check everything (rollers, bushings, etc.) if you end up getting a set.

Sounds good, guys.
I'm dropping off some parts at the machine shop this afternoon, I'll go over them with my builder. $450 for the stainless isn't too bad.

Sounds good, guys.
I'm dropping off some parts at the machine shop this afternoon, I'll go over them with my builder. $450 for the stainless isn't too bad.

I paid 200 for prws o ebag lol. So look the part up before you spend double

I have been running the Stainless 1.6 version for quite awhile now. Solid Roller Cam .634 Lift at the valve. Geometry is spot on. I revv it sometimes to 7200Rpm, 410 Stroker with a 180 Hit of Juice. Has not missed a beat.

Sorry, I keep forgetting I use magnum style rockers :/ whoops

-
Back