Pulley System

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I'm not trying to jump the gun here. But I'm going to be looking at a 1972 scamp that a member here told me about. I'm waiting to hear from them. I don't know if it's a V/8 yet. I do know that it's a non ac car and I'm going to have a ac system installed on it and I was wondering where I can get the necessary pulleys and what they would cost. I have the price for a aftermarket system, but I can't find the factory style pulleys. I'm wanting this information to help me with bargaining on the asking price of the car. Going by the photos it looks real clean.

I'm not trying to jump the gun here. But I'm going to be looking at a 1972 scamp that a member here told me about. I'm waiting to hear from them. I don't know if it's a V/8 yet. I do know that it's a non ac car and I'm going to have a ac system installed on it and I was wondering where I can get the necessary pulleys and what they would cost. I have the price for a aftermarket system, but I can't find the factory style pulleys. I'm wanting this information to help me with bargaining on the asking price of the car. Going by the photos it looks real clean.

If you are going to do that you need to look at CFV or March and look at their all in one kits and just buy the whole nine yards.

Its been a bit since I looked at that stuff. It wasn’t cheap. But I’ve used both brands and they both make nice stuff.

If you are going to do that you need to look at CFV or March and look at their all in one kits and just buy the whole nine yards.

Its been a bit since I looked at that stuff. It wasn’t cheap. But I’ve used both brands and they both make nice stuff.
I was actually surfing the CVF site, was going to grab some of their pulleys and maybe a bracket or two for the 340 when I noticed the big kits, with everything. Way cool, just not for me. But they are ready to bolt on and go!

I'm calling B.S. on this- how can you have a price for a system, or be looking for pulleys if you don't even know if it's a V8 or a slant?? Two different animals, and not even remotely interchangeable.

I'm calling B.S. on this- how can you have a price for a system, or be looking for pulleys if you don't even know if it's a V8 or a slant?? Two different animals, and not even remotely interchangeable.
my oldest is 12
based on dans previous post, i bet my boy will buy an A body before dan wil

I'm well aware of this, but what's wrong with being prepared? If it's a V/8 car I want to be able to be on it quick and if I have my information ahead of time I'll have something to bargain with. I even said this at beginning of this thread that I wasn't trying to jump the gun. With the car being as clean as it appears and if it does have V/8 along with its price it won't last long and I want to know what a ac system would cost me. Understand

my duster started out as a /6
with a little help from the forum, it was not a big deal to get it switched over to a junkyard v8
It's really not that difficult to convert to a V/8, but to do it correctly is expensive.

So you’re shopping for pulleys for a car you don’t own and don’t know what engine it has?:rolleyes:
Man, you guys just don't get it. Re read my original thread and you'll see that I'm trying to find out what it would cost me to put ac on the car, with this information on hand I'm going to use it to help with bargaining on the asking price. Apparently you don't plan ahead on anything. If I can use the cost of having ac put on to get the car for a better price why not? rolleyes

So you’re shopping for pulleys for a car you don’t own and don’t know what engine it has?:rolleyes:
I'm looking for a ac car, but this one is clean and the asking price isn't to bad, but since it doesn't have ac if I can find out what it would cost to have done then I will try to use that as a bargaining tool. I hope you understand what I'm doing here, it's really not that difficult.

If you was to be helpful, I think that I would pass out
Air? Roll the windows down like most do with these old cars.
That's pretty much useless when you are dealing with both high temperature and humidity and allergies

Man, you guys just don't get it. Re read my original thread and you'll see that I'm trying to find out what it would cost me to put ac on the car, with this information on hand I'm going to use it to help with bargaining on the asking price. Apparently you don't plan ahead on anything. If I can use the cost of having ac put on to get the car for a better price why not? rolleyes
WE don't get it? WE actually have cars. Buy and sell them regularly. Work on them constantly, whether they "need" it or not.
Good luck. Trying to bargain on a classic car because it doesn't have AC is like expecting a discount because it doesn't have a Hemi...

-
Back