Pulling a 318 and 904 together- advice please!

-
i was going to upload the pics to this thread, but I thought I would just post a link.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=62997&page=2

post #65 are the pics I'm refering too. Of coarse, you'd want to be a little more careful with your car than I was. LOL

Boy, I'll say! I laughed hard enough to get tears! Now THAT is Southern Engineering at it's finest- plow straight ahead. . .over, under, or THROUGH to the finish. That's how to get the mission done!

Q: your frame ties- any rubbing on the body, anything you did to seal rust from their insides? I was going to fab 3x3 ties and weld, but am now looking at Auto Rust Tech ties that look a bit flimsier but tie against the entire floor pan front to rear with the usual spot welds. POR 15 inside the darned things? Drill for draining? Me, I am kinda looking to stop rust even from hot/cold cycle dew forming inside the ties on the metal, let alone rain and tire spray off the road. I'd appreciate the opinions.

Mike

I'm not too concerned with them rusting from the inside. I did think about drilling a couple of small holes to let water drain if need be. With the back tires I have, I doubt the car will see any rain.

I didn't want to weld to the floor pans because of the flex. I know there are lots of differant opinions on this topic, but I thought my sub frames may flex at a differant rate than the body, and I didn't want break welds because of it. In my case, anything is better than nothing. I do plan on putting a bolt through on the front of both of my connectors, in case the weld were to break going down the road.

-
Back