Purchase of wheels and tires from another member gone bad

-

csx452

Reaction score
Back in mid June I purchased a set of ralley wheels and tires from member swinger400hp. His name is Jason Spinney and he lives in Old Town, Maine. He has cashed my check and I never got the wheels and tires and he won't respond to my PMs or my phone calls. In several of my messages to him I told him that I understand that we live in tough times now and that if something happened and he can't afford to ship the wheels and tires to me that I would be more than willing to drive over 8 hours each way from Dunmore, Pa. to his house to pick them up myself. No response from him. Apparently he's not broke though as he talks about going to a rock concert featuring 40 bands on his Facebook wall. http://oxxfest.net/ That post was on Aug. 1st. So I'm out $699, he still has the wheels and tires, and he is having a good time partying. Do any members know Jason? Are there any members who live near him? I'd appreciate it if someone could go to his house and talk to him about this. I really need the wheels and tires, and I paid him over 2 weeks take home pay for them. I'm not looking for someone to give him a blanket party, just for someone to ask him why he didn't send them to me and see if they can get him to send them or pick them up for me. I could then make arrangements with you to get them to me. Here is a link to the for sale thread on here.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1018783#post1018783
I really do appreciate any help anyone can give me in this matter.
Thanks,
Frank

OK, so I've been looking back on older posts from Jason on his Facebook page. He brags about weekends at the beach. BBQs he had gone to. Cruising with his Swinger and beating the "sh*t" out of it and pissing people off. He brags about mowing his lawn at 6:30 in the AM and thus pissing off his neighbors. He talks about taking time off from work to get ready to go camping. He also has pics posted of the new Nissan Titan he bought for himself. He posted pics of his car at a car show where he had VIP parking. He got to park inside a building instead of out in the grass. This is all in the timeframe of my dealings with him. I'm really having my eyes opened about just who I've been trying to deal with. Hopefully no one else on here will get ripped off by him like I did. Unless he mans up and makes good on his deal with me, then everyone should avoid him like the plague.
Frank

Here i am. Sounds like 452 has done some research on the guy even if it is a little late. We'll try and get this resolved as i hate to see members here stiff other members. Sounds like the kid may have some money issues and not able to act responsibly with what he has. I'll try and PM him and see what response i can get from him. Meantime, do we have any members in his area? That would be very beneficial. $699 is nothing to sneeze at. Let's see what we can make happen here. Hello Maine.
Small Block

Might put a little fear in him if you call the local police office down in his home town and report a fraud or theft case..I know the cops will most likely say theres nothing they can do, but if they knock on his door it might wake him up? I also almost bought these wheels, so glad I didn't and sorry your going through this. I might be able to hook you up with a set of 4-14" rallys with new bf goodrich tires, they have 0 miles on them. I am also from Pa...

I PM'd the kid and set a copy to ya 452 so i'm waiting to hear something. If i dont then other methods will come into play. The clock is ticking.......
Small Block

Is this him

J Spinney

64 Marthas Way
Old Town, ME 04468-2057

JasonScammer.jpg

Jason I suggest you give the Man's his money back and then maybe this will disappear.

I should also add it might make it to other mopar/racing forums:-\"

I hate a thief. Frank, I have some SBP Rallyes that I will give you if this doesn't work out. Also have some good tires on some American Mags that you can have also. All you have to do is make the trip to Harleysville, Pa.
If you want them, PM me. Mike

I sent him a facebook message telling him to give you back your money or the wheels. EVERYONE OVERLOAD HIS MESSAGE INBOX WITH REQUESTS TO RETURN MONEY OR WHEELS!

Haha if your friends with him on facebook, write on his wall a lot so all his friends and family see it and bother him. Worse comes to worse it has his mommy listed, send her a message, don't think she'd like her son is stealing!

Sent him and a few of his friends a message also on facebook...

Interstate fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud are federal felony charges regardless of the amount ($500 up is prosecuted). Hopefully the note I sent his mother on FB will prompt him to correct this situation before federal law enforcement steps in.

Sorry to here that dude.

Buying stuff of the web is getting to be very scarey stuff. I was recently looking at buying some stuff and the seller seemed ok but never excepted my offer, then he started having his friends and so on pm he saying how great he was. This scared the sh++ out me and I refussed to send him any monry but was will to pay cod.

Even paypal won't refund your money if the sellers acount is empty of closed.

So maybe the board should setup a holding service for a small fee to pay out when the items are delievered,

I have used visa for money orders and they have refunded me when a fraud claim was made.

Again sorry dude.

The other thing that needs some attention is when people sell you the wrong items.

Rick

File an internet fraud claim.

Also go to the Post Office and file a complaint. The postal inspectors are starting to go after this type of stuff more aggressively.

Lets all bombard him with FB messages. I just sent one to return Money or Wheels. Best of luck. I would call the local PD. It is theft.

If this is not resolved , i have a set of centers small bolt mexican hat i will give you , these are not perfect all have a crack but can be fixed . sorry for your loss.

Do we have any phone numbers for the kid? I'll call his mommy and talk to here and see if that gets us anywhere.
Small Block

MapQuest revealed the problem, he is less than 1000' from the local waste treatment plant, go figure.:angry7:

Dude, give up, your surrounded........OOOOOO that smell, can't you smell that smell, that smell that surrounds yooooooooou.

LCjeff

sorry to here that dude.

Buying stuff of the web is getting to be very scarey stuff. I was recently looking at buying some stuff and the seller seemed ok but never excepted my offer, then he started having his friends and so on pm he saying how great he was. This scared the sh++ out me and i refussed to send him any monry but was will to pay cod.

Rick
???????????????????//

-
Back