Purchase of wheels and tires from another member gone bad

-
Well guys, I can assure you the wheels were received in the same condition that they were when I picked them up. I took this picture of him by the wheels, in the bed of my truck. He wasn't very happy to have me there I think.
I removed the 2 trim rings and the centers so my friend could chain them into his truck for the trip to Lake Ontario. Frank surely didn't need anymore headaches with this mess by having them stolen. I wrapped the centers, and boxed them with the trim rings for shipping. I noticed a rim dent, and that the screws were loose on some of the centers, and 1 screw was missing.
I had him contact Frank while I was there, and he left a message stating he didn't have the 2 trim rings or the center section, but would get them.
I don't think it would be wise for this kid to say that the condition of these rims was the result of my handling. I will be the 1st to stand up for Frank with the legal system if needed.
It's too bad this stuff happens, but as FABO gets bigger, it's bound to draw in people looking for a quick buck. Be careful when finding a deal that may be too good, even on here. Tim

Atleast you got something for all the trouble, hassle and money... Looks like this deal is finished.. The guy never said in his ad that the wheels were perfect, mint or new, he just said excellent so that covers his azz pretty good as long as there useable.. The wheels did'nt look all that great in the guys ad.. Sorry you got hosed, he'll get his payback sooner or later...

I say a few of us load up, go to Maine and beat his ***.

I am betting he sold them because they were to wide and rubbed

shipping money? what shipping money?

Now that's a person that didn't look like they wanted to be photographed...

Sorry to hear about the condition of the the wheels, but at least you finally got em'. Great job, Pine Tree.

He's got a *** whooping coming... sooner or later it will happen and it's not going to be pretty.

Well guys, I can assure you the wheels were received in the same condition that they were when I picked them up. I took this picture of him by the wheels, in the bed of my truck. He wasn't very happy to have me there I think.
I removed the 2 trim rings and the centers so my friend could chain them into his truck for the trip to Lake Ontario. Frank surely didn't need anymore headaches with this mess by having them stolen. I wrapped the centers, and boxed them with the trim rings for shipping. I noticed a rim dent, and that the screws were loose on some of the centers, and 1 screw was missing.
I had him contact Frank while I was there, and he left a message stating he didn't have the 2 trim rings or the center section, but would get them.
I don't think it would be wise for this kid to say that the condition of these rims was the result of my handling. I will be the 1st to stand up for Frank with the legal system if needed.
It's too bad this stuff happens, but as FABO gets bigger, it's bound to draw in people looking for a quick buck. Be careful when finding a deal that may be too good, even on here. Tim

Good job helping out a Mopar brother. I bet he wasn't happy you were there cause now he can't sell them to anybody else and rip them off.

I just want to thank Tim publically for all he did for me in securing the wheels and tires. I also want to thank his friend Berry for his part in getting the wheels and tires to me. Tim went above and beyond on this. He came out of nowhere and contacted me and said he felt he had to do something to help. He secured the wheels and tires for me and arranged to have them relayed to me. He also kept in touch with me through the entire process.I hope to be able to return the favor someday and hope I can also step up and help out others here if they are in need. We have a great community of Mopar lovers here. Unfortunately there are always some who find their way into the group who really don't belong here.
I also want to thank everyone else for their comments and support in this matter. You are all the best.
As for Jason. Buyer beware
Frank

I am betting he sold them because they were to wide and rubbed

shipping money? what shipping money?

Funny you should mention them rubbing. I tried them on my car and the rears rub the wheel opening lip and the fronts rub the upper control arms and the upper ball joint grease fitting.

-
Back